1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rio/ Diana/ Kemen Trapshells!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tstevens09, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tstevens09

tstevens09 TS Member

I have been shooting Kemen shells for two years know and love them to death. Has anybody used the Dianas or Rios? We bought ten cases of Dianas and cut a shell apart and they are the exact same wad as a Kemen. From my research I believe that Rio, Diana, and Kemen are all made in the same factory. I have also heard that Rio's use a softer shot that Kemen. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Travis

2. tstevens09

tstevens09 TS Member

3. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

SAGA was the parent company of Diana, a few years back they fell under the umbrella of UEE (RIO/Kemen) and are all the basically the same shell today. Kemen was always touted as a premium RIO, claiming harder shot, at least those I had------I couldn't tell the difference between a TopTrap RIO and a Kemen Sporting.

All are better than I am, no doubt about that.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Travis, Your research is correct. I have been shooting the Rio's now for almost 2 years. I love them, and they are great for 16 yard shooting. They are only 3% antimony, and the Kemans you are using are 5% antimony. Makes now difference at 16 yards. I shot close handicap @ 21 yards and they are fine there as well. I think that at about 24 or 25 I might think about using a 5% antimony lead shell. But The first round of 27's (pratice)I ever shot I went strait using a one oz. load of 7 and one/half RIO'S. The gentleman who runs the trap shoots out of our club sells Keman's on the side. I have bought and tried those as well. Work just as good, sometimes I think the breaks look a little better with them, but no difference in averages. So I still use the Rio's about 3 dollars less a flat around here.Never tried the Diana's Break-em all. Jeff

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that Rio's Top Trap is a green hull and is also 5% antimony. I'm not sure about the sporting clay loads in Keman. Probably 5% antimony as well.The 3% Rio's are the blue hulls. Keman's green hull is a little differt shade than Rio's top trap color. Jeff

6. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

Rio's are ok until it gets cold out. They sound very funny when used in the winter around here.

Lee

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned that Remingtons Gun Clubs are now being made my Rio and coming with a 6 crimp hull. I just bought 10 flats of Gun Clubs and they are still an 8 crimp. Any truth to this?

8. bt99bill

bt99bill TS Member

It is the Remington UMC shells not the Gun Clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.