1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIO AMMO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Listo777, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

WERE CAN I BUY RIO SHOTSHELLS? WHO HAS THE BEST PRICES FOR BULK AMMO SELLS? NEED THEM FOR A KIDS TRAP SHOOT.

THANK YOU

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

A little information about where you are located might be helpful, unless you need to have them shipped.

Also, I may offer that there may be some better (safer) alternatives to the RIO/KEMEN/MIRAGE/WOLF hulls. There are some possibilities of potentially serious issues with the RIO and similar hulls. Read the link above for some interesting information. At a difference of ten or twenty cents per box, I'd rather shoot something else. Just my-not-so-humble opinion.

You can always inquire at the club that they shoot at. They can sometimes get shells delivered with the targets at a reasonable cost.

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Yes, you probably should tell us where you are located. You will hear many opinions on these shells, mine is that they are one of the best values out there. I see a lot of SCTP teams using these shells and at the pa state shoot, it seemed like at least half of the people there were using either RIO or UMC ammo. You may want to try dawson enterprises, they only have the 1oz loads listed on their website, but I know that they have a couple pallets of the 1 1/8 oz loads. I am not sure if they ship ammo or not. www.dawsonent.com

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Lisrto:

Ignore Quackshot. He is full of as we say in the industry "biosolids". Nothing wrong with Rio/Kemen. Suggest that you give John Gill at Kemen ammo a call. He is the best source if you want to do a mega deal. I think the website is www.kemenammo.com.

TB

5. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

SOME WILL SHIP SHELLS FOR FREE IF YOU BUY A CERTAIN AMOUNT, BUT FOR LOCATION SAKES, THE DEEP SOUTH. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. NOTHING WRONG WITH RIO. HAVE SHOT THOUSANDS. I DO NOT PLAN ON THESE SHELLS BEING RELOADED.

THANK YOU GUYS!

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

TBaber

Biosolids? Now you have taken your personal attacks a step further. I have told you before not to question my integrity or credibility. I had offered to supply samples of what I found, but you remain in denial. As for being full of crap, you hold the record.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine just bought 50 flats (Rio's) about 6-8 weeks ago. He had to buy the 50 flats to get the free shipping. Good Luck. Break-em all Jeff

8. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

PULL & MARK

CAN YOU FIND THE LOCATION WERE YOUR FRIEND PURCHASED THE AMMO AND LET ME KNOW.

THANK YOU

9. smartass

smartass TS Member

Did quacky admit to being full of crap? By golly, it appears that he did.

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Anonymous

Absolutely not!

11. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

HEY GUYS, PLEASE !

I WOULD SINCERELY APPRECIATE IT, IF YALL WOULD NOT DEPLEAT THIS THREAD WITH THIS BICKERING. PLEASE STOP. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. I GOT KIDS CHECKING THIS THREAD FOR INFO.

THANK YOU

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Listo, ole partner, how in the hell do you "depleat" a thread? In fact, what does depleat mean- I can't find it in my dictionary? Do you own every thread that you start? Inquiring minds need to know !!!!!!!

13. DH

DH TS Member

RIO shells are great-I understand that the fellow from VA who broke a 98 at the PA State shot RIO Handicap loads-
    I have shot 1000s of them with no problems.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Rio's work fine.... less quality problems than Winchester (Big Red) has had in many years....

Jim

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Listo777

You have my apologies. I simply offered some insight on some quality issues that have been observed and I have been attacked for my opinion.

I would also like to offer that you lose the "ALL CAPS" format, since it is considered SHOUTING and would be considered rude in email, IM, and when posting in forums. Not to mention the fact that it is hard to read. The "Caps Lock" key can help.

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

There is nothing wrong with RIO shells. When Quacky began his RIO attacks a few weeks ago I was looked upon funny at the range when I began picking threw all the shells and looking down deep into the hulls of this or that shell ... people were looking at me stranger than a pink skirt wearing skeeter on the 27yd line breaking every bird but back to the more important issues ... I honestly could not see any of these migrating base wads in any shells. Yeah some looked different then others but some were Gun Clubs, Top Guns, UMC, Wolf, STS, AA and RIO's as well but there were very few and I have never seen or heard of anyone ever having a migratory basewad give them any problems.

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Lumper, I did the digging for you. Found a new batch and decided to share. It's hard to see them, unless you know what to look for. I managed to get some better shots of the complete hull and then trimmed the hull down to show the difference. So if the RIO, Kemen, Wolf, etc. come out looking like this after the first firing, is there ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with them? I put a good hull next to the one with the migrated base wad for comparison. I did look through a fresh batch of about 100 RIO hulls and did not see one bad one, but these Kemen hulls were in a batch of about 50, and I found about five of them. If it was such an issue with the Winchester AA hull, then why couldn't it be a concern with the UEE manufactured hulls? If you'd like a sample, I'd be happy to send you one.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Listo777

If these were MY kids, I'd advise them to shoot something else. Safety is something with which there should not be a compromise. You can do as you wish, but if something were to happen, you now have prior knowledge of a concern with these hulls. Take that liability as you wish.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Quacky ... give it a rest already or else do some digging and research and post some actual bona fide and provable facts as to how many migratory base wads have actually caused a problem and have become lodges in a barrel of a shotgun while on a trap range.

Geez ... your beating this into the ground, move along already, stop harping ... it seems your the only one that thinks its a major problem.

Listo777 ... Shoot what you can get and dont worry about migratory base wads, I think it is only a major problem for just one or two people.

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

Thank you lumper.... could have not said it better myeself.

TB

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Clumper,

You can give it a rest. I've done my part. The manufacturer is aware of it and will have samples to inspect. Anything like this is a concern, since there is a possibility that it could be a safety issue. There are some that continue to claim that it isn't happening. I have a wide assortment of these in many colors and brands. It's a pretty good indicator that there is something wrong. I've offered to share. Would you like some information from H.P. White Labs on firearm damage from barrel obstructions? Google their company and look for their downloadable documentation. It should keep you busy for hours. You can call them and ask if they think it could be a problem. You need to go stir the pot somewhere else. Now Sober Up and go on home, I think your momma is calling you.

TBaber

Let me know when you get educated. You certainly seem like you need it.

When kids are involved, I'd go the extra mile to ensure their safety. It is blatantly imprudent to ignore something of this nature. It only takes ONE instance of a serious injury to ruin a life. It's not worth the risk, in my opinion.

I'll give the manufacturer a chance to correct the issue and address the concern. They are aware there is an issue, or at least they have been notified. Whether they actually do something about it is another story.

Have a nice day! Quack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is rio ammo good for trapshooting

john gill wolf ammunition

rio 20 gauge ammo trap shooting

rio shells for trap shooting