1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIO 28 gauge info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chichay, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Considering reloading RIO 28 gauge hulls. Any information appreciated. Thanks.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I was told by email from a website query at the RIO site to use Fiocchi data. I saved the email, but it's on my work computer.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What companents do you have? WAA28 wad, Unique powder and Nobel Sport or Rio primer will work. I use 14 gr Unique and Rio primers. One can use Universal Clays, but Unique takes up a litle more room in these voluminous hulls. It seems I get better performance in my 20 and 28 skeetie muffin loads with Unique. LOL

As hard as 28 hulls are to get, I load EVERYTHING. I have a 5 gallon bucket of Wolf hulls that a fellow at the club gave me. I AM going to load these little devils. My Briley Revolution tubes will digest them. They are greedy, and eat anything I put in them. ;^)

Gordie called me a Skeetie Muffin. I miss him. I took that as a compliment. I have been called worse, from three different wives. (I am a slow learner)

4. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the info guys. I have WAA28 and its Claybuster equivalent wads and Unique powder. I'll have to get Rio primers; presently have W209s and Fiocchi 616s.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

"Bart Eaton [bart@gzanders.com]
    Sent: Fri 8/29/2003 9:06 AM

We are not offering reloading wads for 28ga at this time. You can use info for 28ga. Fiochhi hulls as they are the same basic volume. Wish I could be more help.

Bart"

Check the Hodgdon data books or their website for loads.

6. old school

old school TS Member

chickhay the load that shooting coach listed is great the noble sport primer works well for my son him . old school

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

A couple of loads that have worked for me:

Rio 28 ga hull, 1 oz shot, Ballistic Products HV28 wad, Cheddite Primer, 23.0 Lil’ Gun

Rio 28 ga hull, 13/16 oz shot, Federal 28S1 wad, Cheddite Primer, 15.2 Longshot

Rio 28 ga hull, 13/16 oz shot, Remington PT28 wad, Cheddite Primer, 15.2 Longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hv28 wad