1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringing ears

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    White noise or pink noise helps, or music on low volume in the background. I'm going to put a water fountain outside my bedroom window for summer nights when the window is open.<br>
    <br>
    The problem with tinitus is that it never goes away. It stays the same at best, and usually gets worse. I've had tinitus for years.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dave- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)is common as one gets older. It may or may not be related to shooting. There are many natural remedies available and none of them will do any harm. Neither will they do any good with the possible exception of my personal tinnitus remedy. That is to shoot at least 200 doubles every week. During this treatment, you will not notice any ringing in your ears.

Pat Ireland

3. gus

gus Member

Can't help you on the ringing, but if you are still shooting go to muffs, the plugs don't give enough protection

4. Ertz

Ertz Member

I have had tinitus since a childhoold incident. If anyone has anything that reduces the ringing I would love to hear it. Oh, that was bad.........

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have lived with tinnitus for at least 20 years. The only thing a person can do is protect the hearing you have left. I use a good quality muff. (Pro-ears) However, to be doubly safe use ear plugs along with the muffs. Believe me, the condition never gets better. Ed

6. flylta

flylta TS Member

Ringing in the ear is a symptom of High Blood Pressure also.

But alas I have been diagnosed with tintinitus (sp?) and Both I and the wife hate it. Muffs and plugs when shooting.

7. tj303

tj303 Member

Anybody try "Ring Stop"?

8. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

There is a website for the American Tinnitus Association. Believe it or not William Shatner (Captain Kirk) is the spokesman. The website is WWW.ATA.ORG (yes ATA.ORG).

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i think i've had it most of my life, or at least 35 or 36 years. getting worse all the time. jackmitch

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

A guy I work with listens to soft music with ear buds during the day. He says it breaks up the constant ringing to tolerable levels.

Regards Gerald

11. nicky

nicky Member

Dave my uncle takes a herb called lipoflavaniod, said it work's for him. I don't know if the spelling is correct.

Kevin

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Not really heard of anything that "cure" tinnitus. It is a reaction to nerve damage in the ears. I've had it for years. Too much .270 rifle as a kid with no hearing protection, nowadays it's motorcycles. Trying not to let it bother you is my key. Just don't pay any attention to it and you might not hear it. Works for me.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I've had it ever since I started daily aspirin therapy 12 years ago...one of the few side effects thereof.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pink noise heals ears