1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Shoulder Surgery Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

To continue my trek to a healthy shoulder, here's the update. Was operated on 3 weeks ago today. Torn Labrum, Bicep, 2 large bone spurs necessitating shaving off 3/8 inch of collarbone. Rehabbing twice a week and really going thru some strenous and painfull exercising. Was told that I no longer need a sling if I'm careful. Getting rotation back slowly but inproves daily. Should be totally healed within the next 6 - 8 weeks. In time for the Colorado State shoot. The only information that I'm in need of will be next week at the Surgeons visit....can I shoot again without damaging it? My lesson learned as stated on my previous thread by many.... Rehab, Rehab, Rehab!

blade819

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I started back to shooting with a 390 and light loads,after 25 was ready to give it a rest. seems like if i tried to shoot my perazzi it was a real effert to open and close it, so the auto worked for me. good luck..

3. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Had my rotator cuff and bicep tendon done on June 19, 2009. Shooting .410, just to say I was shooting, 3 months later. Hardest part was the weight of the P gun. Found I could no longer take any type of recoil, had a army buddy tell me about the Evo Recoil Shield(Cabela's has them) and bought one AND a PFS stock and am back to shooting again with NO pain!! The Evo Shield really just spreads the recoil over a larger area and I also gain the perfect fit in the pocket no matter how many shirts, long johns etc.I have on every time I bring it up to shoot. The PFS stands for itself, a real limb saver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.