1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Right handed, left shoulder trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Kolar Kid, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Hello all,

I wanted to see if any right handed shooters has ever had left shoulder problems? When I reach out to the side I have a pretty good amount of pain in that left shoulder. This all started at the end of last years shooting season. I would love to hear about it if you have a comment.

KK

2. DocJim

DocJim Member

Would have to know a lot more about the symptoms, do a physical exam and maybe x-rays. Arthritis(?), bursitis,(?), tendinitis(?). Suggest you see your physician if it's been with you that long............DocJIm

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Kolar kid don't laugh about this story it's true. While talking at our practice club over heard a guy saying his shoulder felt better after magnet therapy. I asked him what he was talking about and he said to feel his shoulder. I patted the outside of his arm and he actually duct-taped a part of a shoe liner magnet onto his shoulder. He explained that three days ago he couldn't raise his arm and he took a shoe magnet liner and cut the heel off it and duct-taped it to the outside of his shoulder. He then rotated his arm like a windmill and claimed he had no pain and "let's go shoot em up." I wear a magnet knee wrap on my left knee. It helps me. The theory is that since our blood has iron in it and the bloods job is to replentish the body with oxygen then take away dead and injured cells the magnets promote circulation and thus help in getting the injured cells out of the way for new ones to start working their jobs. Hey I don't know but the magnets help my knee and his shoulder. There could even be a wrap or something to put on your shouder sold now. This exchange took place about two years ago. Good luck with it and some of the "ice" cremes and penetrating rubs could help. I also use DMSO and there is a number--800-367-6935. The bottle says on it not for use other than a slovent but use it anyway. The whole thing is to get rid of pain. Dan

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That magnet thingy has to be a liberal deal. Conservatives have to suffer. Ask me.

Dahaub. I'll write yo when I get some time and we can talk aboutthe magnet somemore. I have a crippled left shoulder (RH shooter) and was listening to that drivel. But I will try it, and giv eyo hell if it does not work like all the rest of the stuff you foist upon us.

D. Just a friendly shot at humor.

jack

5. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

After the Grand a couple of years ago i developed inflamation of my my left rotator cuff from "over use". I'm in my late 70's and was out of trap for about 6 months. We have a wide band laser treatment in Myrtle Beach that helped a great deal. Back shooting again, although I've gone to a much lighter KS5 32" from my MX-15 34".

Hank Cross

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The shoulder is the most complex joint in the human body and hence can suffer from a broad variety of injuries/ailments (and they sometimes come in combinations). I'm a right-hander but have a genetic issue called an "impingement" where my shoulders want to hang-up when my arms go above shoulder height. I had a habit of sleeping with my arm over my head, which made it worse. Add a nasty sports injury, and over a dozen dislocations, and I ended up losing 2/3 of my range of motion and eventually having a total replacement by the time I was forty. It's been a rough ride since then because my left shoulder was so weak and my upper body strength was so out of balance, but I learned that consistent stretching and exercise is the key. Once I figured that out I learned how to shoot again and eventually could even golf and do push-ups. Doing a push-up was unimaginable just a few years prior, despite being able to bench press 305 in my twenties. When the shoulder goes -- it goes, unless you take a proactive approach.

Exercise doesn't have to be drudgery. Once you figure out exactly what works and how to do it, it takes only minutes per day. That's a lot better than being weak as a kitten, waking up ten times every night to a stabbing pain, or not being able to have any fun. If you aren't up for doing the research and experimenting to see what works, go to a sports-medicine oriented physical therapist who's worked with a lot of shoulder patients.

Good luck to you,

Gary

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Get a prescription for physical therapy. It works!

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Shootlow always feels better when he wears this on his head.

It must be that global warming......

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.