1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Eye Dominant - Top or Bottom Single?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lboh, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lboh

lboh Member

Looking for equipment thoughts. I will be trying both but as a starting point which is considered better for a right eye dominant person? Moving from an O/U into a combo.

My left eye has poor vision and used for peripheral vision only.

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Left eye dominant, right hand shooter...the "book" says shoot a top single. Can't do it so I'm shooting (well) an unsingle CG with a tall rib. Go figure it.

blade819

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I am left eye dominant and right handed. I shoot both high rib and top single equally well. I do however close my left eye. Jake

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm left eye dominant, right handed, but I shoot lefty. I have and shoot unsingle, o/u, sbt, and top single. I shoot them all lefty with both eyes open. I don't think it really matters it's all in your head. Mike.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Iboh. you can shoot your preference with no regard to your eye dominance. Make you decision based on how you feel about the gun and bbl. Unsingles have a bit of lessened recoil advantage. Buy a .740 bore (or near .740)

Look into a new CG. It will have options and solutions for most trap related issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.