1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RIG Grease

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrton80, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrton80

jrton80 Member

I have not been shooting Trap for approximately the last 15 years and looking to get back into the sport. I have recently run out of Rust Inhibiting Grease (RIG) and found on-line that shotgun sports has purchased the remaining inventory. At $3 for a 1 ounce container and $6 shipping, I thought I would ask the Forum for alternatives. Does anyone know where to get RIG for a fair price, or is there any other product that performs in the same manner. I have about 20 "toys" for trap that I have been cleaning periodically, but I am going to be updating my inventory of cleaning and care products before I start shooting again. I have been cleaning the barrels with Shooter Choice. By the way, I live in NW Florida and keep my "toys" in two gun safes (for humidity control) indoors. Thanks for any information on current products. jrton80

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I use RIG for all my hunting guns. Excellent for preventing rust. IT IS NOT A LUBE!!

It can be appylied very thin and will not run like oils.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

GunDr is correct. RIG (Rust Inhibiting Grease) is great for preventing rust, especially during long term storage. It is not the best lubricant and it was not designed to be a great lubricant.

Pat Ireland

4. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Check the little gun shops. Some still have Rig Rags and grease. I stopped by a little shop on my way to the Grand. It was in Mt. Vernon, IL and they had both rags and grease. I think it was called Lanny's. They had a few when I left and I think they had a couple of jars of grease.
    CA

5. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Walrus, if jr does not want it, I would love to have it. I have been looking for it for several months. One of my now deceased friends gave me a lamb's wool pad with some on it many years ago and I need a little to revive the pad.

Thank You,
    Mike

shemwelldmXXX@AOL.comXXX---Just remove the X's

If anyone else has some, I would buy it.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is the best stuff, fortunately I bought two small containers of it back in the 80's, I have not even used one yet. A sheepskin rug and it goes a long way. Wipes off easily also.

7. jrton80

jrton80 Member

Walrus,
    I would greatly appreciate you sending it to me and I will gladly pay the postage. My e-mail address is XXXjrton80@aol.comXXX. As usual, just drop the X's and I can reply with my address.

I also appreciate all the replies. I am sure I may have more questions in getting back into Trap shooting. Living in NW Florida is nothing like it was where I moved from.....Dayton, Ohio. In Ohio I could be at 3-4 gun Clubs within an hour's drive. Now to get to a club to register is 1 1/2 hour drive and that Club isn't very desirable. Lots of Skeeters in this area. jrton80

8. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Anyone have any that they want to part with?? XXXshemwelldm@XXXAOL.com? Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rig grease is awesome

rig rust inhibiting grease
rust inhibiting grease by rig products