1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rifle Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by patrick smith, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

Looking for a new trigger for my old style ruger 77 with the safety on the tang

any one have any opinions on timney,jewell or rifle basix.

I see with rifle basix you just replace the sear and use the old trigger system

looks easy and fairly inexpensive but i want to do it right the first time.

thanks for any info. pat

2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I wish Jewell made one. The Timney's I've done on the older Ruger required removing some internal wood from the stock, but worked great after you got everything just right. AJ

3. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

I have timneys on 2 Rem 700s. I absolutely love them. Will never have another hunting rifle without one. I was able to install them myself in about 10 minutes with the correct size punch. Both of mine have HS stocks on them and I was not required to do any stock mods for fit.

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I installed a Timney on my Ruger M77 MKII several years back. It required a lot of filing and fitting but it made that rifle a tack driver. That was a .223 in the stainless synthetic.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have used rifle basix on three different guns, Savage, CZ & a Howa. I liked them a lot and they are reasonably priced, easy to install. I know the Timney and jewell are probably better but the rifle basix did what I wanted. The Howa had a great trigger from the factory and I would not do one again because you wont gain a lot. It really helped the CZ a lot and even helped the accu trigger on the savage

6. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I just installed a rifle basix on my Ruger Hawkeye. It couldn't have been any easier. I went from over 6 lbs of trigger pull to a little less than 3 lbs instantly. Lookout groundhogs!

Ed

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shilen is good too, and reasonably priced.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.