1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rifle Scope Mounts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Maytag, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

For those in the know, Is there any way to mount a scope on a Ruger Model 77 rifle with quick detach rings, like the Leupold QD series?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Larry, send me an email and I'll reply to it with the name and direct phone number for my contact at Leupold - he will know if they have anything that might work. They make "special run" stuff now and then and keep any overruns on hand "just in case."

Through him, I got a non-cataloged 3-9x Leupold muzzleloader scope with a BDC reticle calibrated for the same load I use and put it in their QD base and rings on my 50-caliber T/C Omega. It's very much like the Nikon Omega muzzleloader scope but doesn't appear in their catalog. I used a QD mounting system on that rifle because there are some states that prohibit scopes on front-loaders and know knows where Jason might take it on a hunt.

Drop the "x" from the address above.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.