1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Riegger & Orlich

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wm rike, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm rike

wm rike Member

Does anyone out here know what guns Arnold Riegger and Dan Orlich used for doubles?

Thanks.

2. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Arnold after using the model 12 with much success he started using a Browning Superposed

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dan shot a Ljutic

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

When Arnold was at his prime, and after the model 37, he shot the model 12 for everything. When trying out for the Olympic team he set a record, using the 2nd shot only 3 times. The last time I shot doubles with Arnold he was using a KFC from Japan. He was selling them. I still run across one in our area once in while.

BTW even when Arnold was way past his prime he still shot the doubles well. One of his last was a small Fifty bird event and Arnold had 48 for the win.

Ajax

5. 7771

7771 Active Member

Dan Orlich shot Ljutic Bi Gun #1 for doubles and Mono Gun #1 for singles and Handicap

6. Guy

Guy Member

Dan's guns are on display at Sage Hill Gun Club in Reno....last I was there.

7. 5141

5141 Member

Prior to owning the Bi-Gun in the 60's Mr. Orlich shot his doubles with a Remington Model 32 with 32" Bbls.

8. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

I once saw Arnold walk back to a hose by the clubhouse between traps when shooting doubles in Montana.

It was hot and the M12 was very hot - heat waves were coming off a lot of guns.

Arnold takes the hose turns it on full blast and shoves it down the breach into the barrel to cool it off.

Goes back out and breaks 48 of the last 50 pumping them.

9. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

I as well was unsure as to which models Daniel had shot for doubles so I spoke with "The Tall Blonde" and she asked Daniel this evening what he had used in his doubles game. He states that about 1952/1953 he shot a Remington Model 31, then for about the next decade it was a Remington Model 32 O/U, the Ljutic Bi-Gun became the doubles smoke pole for the next 3-5 years, and following the Bi-Gun from about 1968 until the end of his competitive shooting he shot an MX-8 O/U for the doubles events.

I found this info quite interesting as I remember the Bi-Gun and I had heard him reference shooting a Model 31 for a time but I was unaware of the other guns.

Daniel is always quite pleased and humbled that there are those that still remember him and speak about him. He is truly one of the greats of the game and a gentleman and sportsman of the highest order.

Steve

10. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

11. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

12. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

The Man and the Gun.

Ray

[​IMG]

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Surprized nobody ever made and sold "Arnold Riegger Suspenders". They may have given him an extra edge.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Put me in line if they recreate them for sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.