1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ridgid Generator?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hehawboy, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

Take some advice I have have diffeent generators but found honda the best but you will pay for it ,so the next best one i found for the money is generac, They make one that runs on propane but only 3200 watts ,but sometime this spring they are coming out with a 5500 watt propane generator which will run a some cabin with ease. Check itout before you buy anything else.

2. SBray

SBray Active Member

I agree, Generac is a well made generator. I have a portable gas model that is very well made. I tried to get an electric start version, but none of theirs can be shipped to California. Figures! I can go buy a cheap Chinese Champion at Costco with an electric start, but not the quality Generac electric start models.

Steve

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

That size should be sufficient, as long as you are not trying to run a 220V well pump off it at as well. The typical 1/2 to 3/4 hp submersible pump may be too much for that size gen to handle.

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

We have a Generac the runs 12 hours every night that powers lights on a mobile billboard and is still running. Ben tunning for about 2 years now every night

5. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

To use one in the correct way,need to X amps times 125 to get watts. A one horse motor needs 3750W to start it,but will drop to 1850W to keep it going. Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ridgid generator

which ridgid generator is best