1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rick Perry - My Tax and Spending Reform Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

My Tax and Spending Reform Plan, by Rick Perry

Individuals will have the option of paying a 20% flat-rate income tax and I'll cap spending at 18% of GDP.

The folks in Washington might not like to hear it, but the plain truth is the U.S. government spends too much. Taxes are too high, too complex, and too riddled with special interest loopholes. And our expensive entitlement system is unsustainable in the long run.

Without significant change quickly, our nation will go the way of some in Europe: mired in debt and unable to pay our bills. President Obama and many in Washington seem unable or unwilling to tackle these issues, either out of fear of alienating the left or because they want Americans to be dependent on big government....

Read the rest at the link. Don't tarry, WSJ.com links tend to go stale quickly.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204777904576651330270547222.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Keet, pull your head out of your keet.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I like the 20% plan. I like the either 20% or keep what you have philosophy also. Similar to the Forbes plan a few elections ago, which I also liked. I like Perry except for his illegal immigrant attitude. Heck, when I was a young man, I hate to say it, but I was on the democratic side also (a real mush head), just like Perry.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    At least Perry isn't anti-gun like Romney.

5. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

Its funny Dan Quayle was the first to have a flat tax plan way back when he was in congress 1976. He warned of all the problems the current tax code was going to cause and the deficits we would have in the future. And he was the dumest vice pres ever. Go Figure

6. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

More dead meat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.