1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rick Johnson of Maryland has been very Sick.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by roscoeparker, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

My friend and shooting buddy has been in the hospital for almost 2 months and at one point we didn't think he was going to make it,he seems to be doing better and if any one that knows Rick would like to call, you can reach him by cell phone at 443-852-6780, please don't e mail as he can't answer any e mails for awhile.His address for cards is Richard Johnson, 112 McGuirk Drive, Glen Burnie, MD 21060. Bill Parker

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Wishing Rick a full recovery. I first met Rick at a shoot at Danbury, CT a couple of years ago. We shot off for singles championship after 100straights.
    One of the toughest guys ever. We ended up running out of ammo, and flipped.
    Rick is a gentleman and a straight shooter, God bless you and take care of you now in your time of need.
    Your friend,
    Jeff

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A lot of folks on here will remember Rick as the guy who was battling the Maryland State Sportsman's Association over their rule that clubs with less than five traps cannot host ATA registered shoots. I supported his position completely as I know a lot of you also did.

Ed

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'm quite sorry to hear this. Rick is a great guy and I sincerely hope he improves. Bill, If you see him, please send him my regards.

Carl

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Get well soon, Rick...we miss you.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks for letting us know, I will call him ... Good guy for sure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Talked to Rick night before last...hoping to get him well so we can hit Connecticut in August for a specisl shoot thats a yearly thing!...get well buddy

8. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Thanks Bill for the #. Calvin Shenton told me about 2 weeks ago and I didn't think to get Rick's number from him. I just called Rick and 2 talked for about 2 mins. Damn man, I just lost my to lung cancer and found out from Calvin on Sunday that another one of our shooters and one of Calvin's long time friends, John Winters has lung cancer.

Robert H.

9. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Rick...he wanted his friends to know about his condition, and how he is doing. Hope I get it straight. He had kidney cancer a few years ago. A while back, he was feeling poorly, so went to the Doctors, who told him to get a chest X-ray. The tests showed a few small spots in lungs, which turned out to be cancer.
    The medication given made Rick sick and gave him so much pain, he drove himself to the hospital...woke up much later. He had gall bladder problems, way bigger size than normal. They removed it, and he was induced into a coma so he wouldn't pull out all the tubes.
    Rick is feeling a little better and is in a rehabilitation center right now.
    He needs prayers and some encouragement. Would like to hear from his friends, and he said he doesn't mind you calling him to talk to him.

Rick's phone number is 443-852-6780

Thanks, puablo

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

12. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Bill,
    Many thanks for filling us in on Rick's condition. Cards & prayers are headed in his direction.
    Bill, I was up at our hunting camp in PA a few weeks ago. I spent quite a bit of time talking to a good buddy of mine,Don Vrabec. He's a surgeon & handled the restoring of the church bell at St. Joseph's Church in Danville. When I was an altar boy, I spent many an hour ringing that bell. He either dealt with you or your son. It must be a different Bill Parker that I know,because he said, " What a great guy you are. "---Just kidding. " :)
    My heart goes out to Rick & also my prayers.
    Joe Jordan

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey Joe..you're mixed up buddy..the bell you were ringing were calling the animals two by two into a big wooden cruise ship

14. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Thanks for all of you that talked to Rick or sent him cards, he is now in a rehibilatation complex near his home and he seems to be doing much better, I am going to see him today and will pass along your messages.I know your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Many thanks, Bill Parker.

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Bill, please tell Rick that I asked about him when you see him today.

Ed

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bill: Please tell for me that I have been thinking of him. We have had several off site discussions.

Don Hoffman

17. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

18. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

19. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hey Bill,

We sent a card but didn't see any updates. How is Rick doing? Telling we're all thinking about him and pulling for him.

Luvn

20. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I just had a 45 minute chat with Rick. He filled me in on the scope of medical issues that he has gone through. He went into the emergency department at his local hospital in a great deal of pain. His blood pressure at the time was 220/200. The main issue was an infected gall bladder. Things escalated from there and Rick was in a drug induced coma for 32 days with tubes into and out of his body. His weight dropped from 196 lbs. down to 132 lbs. He is currently in rehab to learn how to walk again. Rick is still not out of the woods yet and is going for more tests this week and should know what is ahead for him. His voice is strong and clear, which to me is a good sign and his attitude is very positive. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.