1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Richmond wins World cup

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Les Greevy, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

Spc. Joshua Richmond, age 21, of the US Army Marksmanship Unit and Hillsgrove Pa. won the Gold Medal and a quota spot for the 2008 Olympics in double trap at the Lonato Italy World Cup on Monday. The final can be viewed at the ISSF website by clicking on the issf.tv icon.
    The final is worth watching as a study in concentration and perfect double trap form. It is also an example of "home town officiating".
    We should all be very proud of this fine young American athlete. Les Greevy

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Josh is a pleasure to watch shoot!Great job!

3. tj303

tj303 Member

Looks like the high rib is the most popular. Is is Joshua shooting a K-80 Trap Special? TJ

4. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

tj303, Yes he is shooting a K-80 trap special. As you can see most of the better double trap shooters are using higher ribs, some as high as 40mm (2in)and some not extending the full way to the receiver. Les

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the link! I didn't know about ISSF t.v. Some amazing stuff on there. Got it bookmarked.

Congratulations to Josh.

6. JW Heck

JW Heck TS Member

Awesome. Kuddos to Joshua.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thank you - that is so cool! Wow and congrat's to Joshua. So calm and smooth, a pleasure to watch (and learn from).

I don't have enough room to accommodate a rib & comb that high! Yikes. What did the young man from India (I believe) have on the end of his barrel? Looked like a pint sized rib attachment of some sort.

8. gary0920

gary0920 Member

You got to see it!!!!!

9. Mike Richmond

Mike Richmond TS Member

Pat,

International Doubles are shot from 3 differant traps.Using 2 for each setting. You have A,B,C setting. 50 targets are shot from each setting. The traps are 7-8-9 in the bunker. These traps are the 3 middle ones and are not moving. The targets used are international. 110 mil. where American targets are 90 mil. in size. The speed of the Int. doubles are faster than American doubles. As for the (Berm) in the back round, many ranges over sea's are built in a hole. I believe they use this green material to cover the dirt and don't have to mow it. Hope this helps.

It was sure a great feeling to be able to watch my son win the gold half a world away.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.