1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Richmond Refinery Fire

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

From northwestern PA,

I was listening to a radio station interview with a gas station employee and he said that the price of gas has gone up because of a problem in the refinery. The price did jump, about 10 cents a gallon overnight. Then I heard about the refinery fire in California.

The interesting thing about this entire occurrence is that there was no mention of any refinery problems on any other news sources till yesterday's mention of the California refinery fire but the interview and price rise occurred about SEVEN DAYS AGO.

Gee, do you think the interviewee has Precognition or Fortune Telling predict the future abilities??? Surely it would not have been price manipulation being planned now would it?

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I was watching the evening news when they interupted the broadcast for a special alert about the fire and I went straight to the gas station and filled up.The next morning it was up 20 cents! What a rip off.I go thru Wyoming every year and out in the middle of the state is Rock Springs,They have a Sinclair refinery there and it is not even close to the size of the refineries in California but the price of fuel is always less than California.Go figure.PJ

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

So today in the Groveland/Sonora area, we are up from 14 to
    17 cents. Went by one station in Sonora at 7:30am, it was $3.89,
    at 9:15am it was $4.04.
    What the hell is up with this?
    I was going to shoot Stockton this Saturday, but not sure right now.

Mike C.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yup just like when a hurricane hits

I remember when Katrina was coming they said if it hit NOLA that the price of gas would go up a buck a gallon, well as we know it hit and in Dallas the next morning every gas station raised the price a buck

Such a shaft job

But when it start to go down it takes forever to get there, waiting for the next spike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.