1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Richard Marshall Jr. Clinic Results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by colobiggun, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

May 29, 2007
    About six weeks ago Richard Marshall Jr. conducted a clinic for several of our gun club members. This weekend our club held a three day shoot and five of the students participated. By my calculations, these five students entered 16 events and won 12 trophies!! They were led by a first year shooter who happens to be a 17 year old girl. She won 7 trophies which included the HOA for the entire shoot, three straight days of mid-yardage winner, two A-Class Doubles R/U trophies, and a singles trophy.

A father-son tandem that took the class tied for their singles class winners and shot off, with the son besting the father (but both winning trophies)the first day, and the son winning his second straight the next day (the only events they entered).

Another new shooter entered only the 200 handicap championships, and took second in the first 100 (but high in his yardage), and first in the second 100, winning his yardage group.

The fifth shooter was a sub-junior shooter who had been struggling, but today broke the ice and took first place in the junior class in handicap.

So.......I'm no expert, but I have to say that I am more than impressed by these results. I am also not so naive as to think that the clinic is solely responsible for these results. I just know that these students are very excited and wanted to share their successes with others and to thank Ricky!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.