1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rice or Powell for VP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gun fitter, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Just a thought if McCane Were to choose Rice or Powell he would completly negate any possible influence from Biden.

Comments? I'm not saying either would necessarily be the best VP put politically a home run.

just a thought Joe

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Colan Powell or Condolesa Rice would shore up his defense against the Dumocrates ... Obama and Biden are both good speakers and McCain can hardly get a complete sentence out without some ummming and mumbleing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Did any one else notice Bidens Senior moment when he forgot Obama and refered to him as Barack America.

This was just his studering manafesting but I hope we jump on it and consider it a Senior moment.

Joe

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    McCain's only hope to bring some of those intending to vote third party is to chose a strong pro-gunner as his running mate. That leaves Powell as far as they are concerned. McCain would have to weigh very carefully if he could make up for that with black votes. I doubt it. As far as Condi Rice goes, from what I understand she's a pro-gunner. Unfortunately, she's been harshly treated by the media, who have stooped to portraying her on TV shows as a drunken dope using college party girl or as being a house negro for da man. Pity, because she could woe gun owners, blacks and women. She's also tainted by being a Bush administration official, which the Demoncraps would be all over like white on rice.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I'm not sure white on rice is PC as my doctor has advised me that brown rice is better for your health. LOL

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Unlikely that Powell would be a VP pick by McCain. Powell is left-of-center on social issues, and is a strong believer in affirmative action. This stance is as poisonous as being pro-abortion. However popular he was as Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, he parted company with the center-right of the party on Afghanistan and Iraq. McCain can't afford to pi$$ of the right more than he already has.

As for Ms. Rice, she's given the country her eight years, and I would imagine she would like to get back to academia and the private sector, and make some real cash for awhile.

I agree with Brian about Condi. She has been treated very shabbily by the media and the D.C. elitists. She is brilliant, well educated, well spoken; everything Mr. and Mrs. Obama aren't. Condi's downfall is that "she don't cater da man".

Best,
    Dennis

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It's my observation that Pi$$ing in of the right won't matter ultamatly their going to vote for McCain. The Question is who would most help McCain on his ticket. Catering to your base is like preachng to the chior. They are already Voting for you. How do we deliver more democrats and independant liberals to the McCain camp?

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama is only a good speaker when he has a prepared speech. He's a terrible stumbler and mumbler when he doesn't. I'm hoping Biden's big mouth hangs himself.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Larry Craig? You must be joking.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not bad as far as ability goes but I don't think either one would take it.

At least that's the feeling from past statements.

HM

11. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

If he pick Hilary I'm moving to Mexico. lol

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

McCane is picking Romney. Get used to it.

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The right woman would be a home run. she will need to be right.

Joe

Oh I mean from the right.

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If it has to be a minority (anything other than a white male...the true minority), pick JC Watts. He's a very strong conservative black man that I would vote for prez. He also does not become tongue-tied if the tele-prompter fails.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How about Obama's preacher, the Rev Wright ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. taxidermyteacher

taxidermyteacher TS Member

I have been following this fairly closely. Why is Mike Huckabee not on the
    short list? He would definately apeal to the conservative base and pro-life voters. Not to mention hunters and gun owners. Of course McCain should already have those votes, I guess. Heck even Chuck Norris likes him.

Chip

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You are looking to put someone on the bottom of the republican ticket with the same eyes of a lot of democrats....by skin color. Remember most of the ones that are REALLY supporting are doing so because of skin color. Ask them why they are supporting and the usual answer is, "He excites me, or He is a change, or He is different etc.".

Just putting a black (or African-American) on the ticket doesn't mean that you will get a lot of those votes. Remember, they don't like Clarence Thomas any more than any conservative. JC Watts has been rumored to be supporting Obama. Now Lynn Swann, has come out in OPPOSITION to Bama.

What McCain needs to remember that a CONSERVATIVE on the ticket will bring in MONEY, which he will desperately need to win. This campaign will set records for spending the you cannot beleive. With the money that Obama is getting from overseas, McCain has to get someone with views that are not like his or Bama's. Huckabee was a supporter of amnestey, which is probably why he is not on the short list.

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Colin Powell, where is he when we need him? A voice of reason and integrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.