1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Nov 6, 2007
    I have multiple questions about ribs and their effects.

1. If you raise your comb and rib the same height, will it effect the POI?

2. If you just raise the rib, will it raise the POI?

3. What is the name of those add on ribs that add on to the existing ribs, and how do they cost?

4. I know that there will diferent opinions and my personal preference, but how will adding on a rib effect your shooting all 3 events?

Thanks to all who answer. Best of luck to all.
  2. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Jan 23, 2007
    The add-on ribs are sold by keensight I believe.

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    2.No, it will lower you POI
    3. Keensite

If you want to raise your POI,you have to raise your comb and the back of the rib to maintain the same sight picture or you can drop the front of the rib and keep your comb as is. I don't have an adjustable rib and I have raised my comb 3/8 since I started shooting so I added a keensite rib that is 3/8 in the back and down to 1/16 in the front to level out my sighting plane.
  4. chemist

chemist Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Bought a Keen site- fixed height at 3/8th inch, use it on a 1978, 34" , BT99.Glues on with silicone- Vicki was VERY helpful. It keeps my face straight up and I don't get pounded from comb. Others at club had suggested altering the stock. For $ 162 with shipping from Keensite I am a happy and pain free shooter- I also shoot a little better- I would like to add that I am NOT a competitive shooter and just do this to have fun as I do not hunt Jersey anymore. On another strand I saw one on an XT where the man had a beautiful DeVault stock put on. He answered my question as he said this solved his similar problem. I am working on a balsa one for my Broadway Trap and when I get the height I want will have one made for that. I did that for the BT99. I told them exactly what I wanted and they did it and I feel it is a good value. To be fair, I called Moneymaker and the person I spoke with was very helpful but I did not want to invest that added cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.