1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ribs question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slewcity, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slewcity

Slewcity Member

New Trap shooter here :)
    I have a K80 shooting the pro sporter rib O/U. My sporting clays gun.
    Love the high rib. I have a standard K 80 unsingle, problem is my custome stock was set up for the prosporter rib. And I would like to get an unsingle for singles and handicap and shoot the prosporter for doubles. Is there an unsingle for the K80 that has the same rib height as the pro sporter rib. Can I put a custom rib on the existing barrel or should I sell this and buy another barrel with the right rib height.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Get ahold of Vickie Keen at Keensights and have her make up an add-on rib for you. This way you can it just right and not have to spend a lot of $$. These add-on ribs weight very little and generally don't effect the balance of the gun.

ss

3. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

put equal amounts of black pepper, salt, Brown sugar & garlic on your ribs , & smoke on smoker @ 225 degrees for 4 hours , spray with apple juice every hour on the hour they will be falling off the bone

4. Slewcity

Slewcity Member

is the apple sauce specifically for pork ribs or will it work equally as well with beef ribs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.