1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ribs on 1100 Trap Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Yes they did. They shoot a little flatter than the more desireable step rib barrels.

ss

2. 333t

333t Member

Remington has made both style trap barrels, flat rib and step rib. The presence of the knock down pin indicates a factory trap barrel. The pin could have been added later but it's not very likely. If it looks like a factory install on the pin you have an OEM trap barrel.

Phil

3. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

what is a knock down pin?

4. 333t

333t Member

A small metal pin installed in the barrel extension (near top of ejection port) that causes the empty shells to eject near the shooter instead of off to the side. This pin is used on trap barrels to prevent ejecting shells at the adjacent shooter.

Phil

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

As usual a foolish question coming from me, but why would it matter which rib the barrel is wearing as far as POI is concerned. Wouldn't that be a function of the drop at comb? all other things being the same?

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Thanks Phil.

Ray

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

SirMissalott,

I was referring to the common used practice of fig 8ing the beads. I don't use a midbead in any of my shotguns so I agree with you whole hardedly.

ss

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

SS Thanks for the clarification that has been the topic of many discussions here and abroad. LOL

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

benniesdad, the height of a rib at the back and the height it is at the front, if you sight down the flat rib will determine the point of impact on most guns. I say most because some may not have the chokes squared up on them. A rib that might be 1/2" at the rear and 1/8" at the muzzle would be a high shooter. The thing is you must be able to see down the rib at a flat angle for this to work. If you have an adjustable comb and you see a couple of inches or more of the rib between the beads then it will shoot even higher than if you sighted directly down down the rib. I hope I haven't confused you because I think I have confused myself. I am going to call the wife in to explain to me what I just said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.