1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rib vendors @ Ohio State shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cooper, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

No I am not talking about pork ribs ! I am just wondering if anyone knows if any vendors that sell add on ribs will be at the Ohio State shoot. I am looking to add a higher rib to my Ljutic and thought that would be a good place to look and maybe try one on as I am not sure how high I want it to be. I would appreciate and recomendations as to brands or vendors as well. Thanks to all, Cooper

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Dennis Devault

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Hell, I thought you retired old boy!? Tom Rhoads

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dave Berlet does them. He's done 2 for me and did a great job. He'll be shooting at the State shoot, you may be able to arrange to talk to him. He's located in New Knoxville, Ohio 419-753-2557. He also does adjustable combs, which you'll need for the higher rib.

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Shotgun Specialties in front of the practice traps.
    Dave or Doug Wolk 513-255-0970

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Keen add-on ribs.

7. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

One of the best ways to determine how high you would like/need an add on rib is to make a temporary rib of soft wood (like balsa, etc) and tape to your gun. You can make several heights, and try them to find what height is best for you. Once you have determined the needed height, I would recommend contacting Vicki Keen of KeenSights and talk to her about making a rib to your specs. Keen Sights make great add on ribs (I have used several with great results). They have standard types, or can do custom jobs. They can also taper the rib back to front if desired to change the POI if desired. Check out their web site for more info at http://www.keensights.com/ Don.t forget that if you raise the rib, you will need to raise the comb the same amount if you don't want to lower POI.

8. Cooper

Cooper TS Member

My gun has an adjustable comb so no issue there. I'm just trying to change the sight picture because I feel as if I'm picking up the end of the barrel in my vision. I use to shoot an un-single and I liked that sight picture better. And Tom where does it say that you still have to be shooting registered targets in order to be allowed to waste money on guns and accesories! I have never once had a vendor ask to see my ATA card before they took my money! Are you still hooking up with those Ohio boy's to carry your ass through the shoot? Hope to see you there. Don

9. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will let me across the state lines and those guys allow me to tag along! Hope to see you there Don! Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.