1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rib refinish question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

Does anybody know of a company or individual that has the capability to reifinish aluminum ribs? I have an MX10RS that I recently had all of the metal re-blued and the wood refinished. Now the rib is bothering me and I'd like to be up to the same standard of the rest of the gun. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Me too...I accidentally "bruised" the top of the rib when putting another barrel in the same sleeve. I tried using Birchwood Casey "touch up" pen, flat black but it seemed to work at first, then rubbed off. Any info appreciated. Ed

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Call Doug Braker, the gun doctor, and talk to him about having the rib Teflon coated. It looks great on my 90t.

4. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

jay at moneymaker has the tanks chemicals and license for re anodizing.

5. RobPete

RobPete Member

Doug was actually the gentleman that did my bluing. He's also done teflon coating on a pistol for me in the past. I love that finish on the pistol, but wouldn't like it on my rib. Doug is the man though. I can't say enough on how pleased I've always been with his work. He always finds a way to go above and beyond.

I'll give money maker a shout. Thanks

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.