1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rib is crooked on 1100 premeir sporting Update!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

A good friend of my bought a 1100 premeir sporting about 3 or 4 years ago. He only shoots about once or twice a year at some of our game shoots. He never does very well and just firgured it was due to the lack of practice. At one of our last shoots he asked me to shoot his gun. I looked at his gun and to my surprise the rib is very crooked. Between the mid bead and the end of the barrel the rib is mounted on the barrel crooked. The barrel appears to be straight just the rib is crooked. The gun still looks like new and it doesn't appear that barrel / rib has been hit at all to bend it. We patterned the gun and it shoots about 12"-18" to the left! He has lost the original receipt and the original box. Is there any way to get this fixed under warrenty? If not can this be fixed or does the barrel just need to be replaced? Thanks for your help. Huntinandhotrods

Update - I called Remington and explained the problem to them. They gave me a reference number and a shipping location and told me they would fix or replace at no cost. The only thing we will be out is the shipping costs to them. I have to send them the whole gun though. Since the warranty is past their 2 year period, I felt that is very fair of Remington. I know Remington has been under fire lately and wanted to let everybody know they aren't all bad. Thanks for everybodies advise! Huntinandhotrods

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

H&H

I think you would have a long uphill battle with Remington to get them to replace the rib. The warranty has long run out. Fortunately, there are many very good gunsmiths that can replace the rib and make everything perfect. I do not know many of them but Simmons could easily handle the job.
    John

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Quite a few 1100 barrels on Gun-Broker.

Wayne

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dang!! A Monday gun for sure!!

Hap

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Send it to Remington, they'll surprise you. I've sent crooked ribs and poorly installed Rem-choke bbls to them that were several years old, and they always replaced them.

Doug

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

HEY SOMEONE WITH AN EYE DOMINANCE ISSUE MAY WANT THE LEFT LEAD!

SERIOUSLY

SEND IT TO REMINGTON AND ASK TO BE CONTACTED PRIOR TO WORK BEING PERFORMED. I
    SENT A WINGMASTER RECEIVER TO ILION THAT I BOUGHT USED. THEY REPAIRED A BROKEN EXTRACTOR SPRING AND RE BLUED THE BARREL. IT CAME BACK NO CHARGE AND LOOKED LIKE NEW.

IT SEEMS THEY HAVE DEEP POCKETS RIGHT NOW FOR CUSTOMER RETENTION ISSUES. SINCE THAT IS A STILL IN PRODUCTION, YOU COULD ALSO EMAIL A PICTURE TO CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND THEY MIGHT JUST SHIP YOU A NEW BARREL. THAT BARREL PROBABLY COSTS THEM ABOUT 20 BUCKS TO MAKE. IT WILL COST THEM MORE THAN THAT IN LABOR
    TO RAPAIR IT.

AFER THEY SEND YOU A NEW BARREL, DO SELL THE OLD SCREWED UP ONE ON EBAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.......NOT!!!

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What the guys said...Remington customer service is very eager to keep the customers they have...and they will probably send you a new barrel for the old one back..a simple swap to make you happy would be a slamdunk in their eyes

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

just tell them you have a barrel shoots 18" to the left, they'll probably send you a new one..

9. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

10. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Huntinandhotrods....... I purchased a competition synthetic a few months ago and found a barrel issue and a small problem with the carrier release lever. Remington service absolutely jumped on the issue and replaced both the barrel and the trigger assembly at no cost and within about 10 days the new gun was new again. From your update I see your friend is basically getting the same attention........ Christy Mitchell and Wanda Wood were the two rep's I dealt with. No excuses, no delays, just honest good service...... Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.