1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RI gunlaws

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g-unit, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g-unit

g-unit TS Member

I am new to trap shooting, so i really don't know the laws and it's tough to get a straight answer from anyone. Do I need a permit to transport a shotgun from my house to the shooting club????

Thanks
    Mark

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Generally, you do not have to have a permit to transport a long gun from your home to the appropriate activity (trap shooting, hunting, clays, etc.). You also do not need permit to transport long guns across state lines. Long guns are not "registered" with local agencies. However, most states require that guns and ammo be kept separate when transporting; i.e. gun in the trunk and ammo in passenger compartment.

However, pistols and revolvers are another story. Check with your local police department for those rules.

Rhode Island should have rules on their state web site, either Rhode Island State Police, or the Attorney General.

Dennis

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

g-unit - You live in a very pro gun state. The synopsis of R.I. gun laws is only 2 pages long!!! For transporting your shotgun, just keep it unloaded. check the link to the NRA-ILA above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.