1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhode Shines at World Cup

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

April 25, 2011

Rhode Shines at World Cup

Beijing--Despite battling gusting wind conditions, four-time USA Olympic medalist Kim Rhode earned the silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Women's International Skeet in Beijing, China, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.

At those Games, Rhode also brought home the silver medal for the USA and tied the all time record for consecutive medals in consecutive Olympic Games (four) for an American Olympian from an individual sport.

At this world cup, 50 competitors faced off and Rhode was in the thick of things after the first two rounds with a combined score of 47. Rhode's perfect 25 in the third round landed her in a three way tie for second place with an overall score of 72. Rhode's teammate Caitlan Connor also performed well for the USA and finished in sixth place overall.

However, the wind conditions only got worse in the final round and Rhode's masterful 24 provided her with a final score of 96 and the silver medal. Immediately following Rhode's gold-medal-winning performance at the ISSF World Cup in Sydney, USA Shooting announced that Rhode had been nominated for the London Olympic Games. Rhode is the very first USA Olympian from any USA sport to accomplish this feat.

If she earns one more Olympic medal at the upcoming London Games, Rhode will become the first USA Olympian from any individual sport to ever win five consecutive Olympic medals in five straight Olympic Games.

"It was great to compete here again and to do well despite the wind conditions," remarked Rhode. She added "It's nice to know that I will get the opportunity to do something so special at the upcoming London Games for all Americans and for all outdoor enthusiasts. This would not be possible without USA Shooting, my sponsors and the support I receive from my loved ones."

Rhode has been dominating her sport for the last two seasons. She is currently ranked #1 in the world and is the defending world champion and national champion.

For additional information or to set up interviews or personal appearances, please contact Tom Mills at (310) 429-5007.

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Go Kim! I won't hold my breath waiting for mainstream sports to announce this...sad when one of our own does so well and the leftie loonies prevent the folks from knowing this.

Thanks for the post,

Bob

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

She is a remarkable lady.

4. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Pure class. What a great representative for the shotgun sports and our Nation.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

GO KIM! Potentially the best, and potentially the most unheralded USA Olympic competitor of our time.

Here's a link to more info.

Caitlin Connor also shot well, and made it to the final round.

Results link:

http://www.issf-shooting.org/xmlresultpage.aspx?cshipid=1178&resultkey=C00000_I_2104110830.1.SK75.0

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

USA Men did not do particularly well in Skeet, finishing 27th, 40th, and 44th.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

USA Men did not do particularly well in Doubles Trap, finishing 16th, 23rd, and 44th.

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In women's trap singles, after 3 rounds, USA's Rachael Lynn Heiden leads the pack with a 73!!

GO RACHAEL!

Janessa Beaman (I think her dad used to post here on trapshooters.com occasionally, colobiggun maybe?) is in 16th place with a 63.

Corey Cogdell is in 33rd place with a 60.

Sounds like the wind has made things really tough on the competitors.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In men's trap singles, after 2 rounds, USA's Collin Wietfeldt is in the running with a 49.

Ryan Hadden and Lance Bade are well down the leader board, but with 3 rounds to go before the final, and windy conditions, anything can happen.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Women's finals, Rachael Heiden had a tough round, shooting a 16, and ended up tied with Jessica Rossi of Italy, both with a score of 89.

In the shoot off, Rachael missed her second shot and finished with the silver.

Rachael's 73 after 3 rounds equals a Junior World Record.

Awesome!

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

USA Men Trap finish 12th, 37rd, and 66th.

Collin Wietfeldt barely missed the cut for the finals with a 118.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.