1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rey Perez comments about ripping me off? who remov

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who removed Rey Perez's comments that I couldnt prove he had stiffed my gunsmith and then me for $300?

Those comments were gone- when I offered to post the proof and identified the items of proof specifically.

This has been going on several months and just recently Rey claims I cant prove it so it didnt happen-

Well I can prove it as he now knows- it did happen and the posts that were removed proved he was trying to cover this up.

Now I have PMs from other people- same stuff?

What is going on?

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Then just post it and get on with your life Gene. Geez.

ss

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Gene, you have a PM

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Last I heard, a public forum wasn't a courtroom or a battlefield.

I for one don't care.

Take it someplace else.

MK

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I do not know the story, but I do well with Rey.

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I don't know the story either but haven't had any problems with Gene. He's a stand up guy in my book.
    Jimmy

7. g7777777

The phone calls and PMs have been coming in

Amazing

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Have had extremely positive transactions with BOTH Rey and Gene over the years.

9. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

I do not know the particulars but I have had great success with both Gene and Rey and both seem to be standup gentlemen. This is not the place to hold a trial. "Kiss and Make Up Offline Guys"

Rich Bullard, Jr.

10. cubancigar2000

Thx Rey for telling your side ( and in a professional manner)

11. g7777777

Rey Perez has it about 90 percent right- and that 90 percent doesnt look good(For Him)- but lets fill in the details so the truth is known- and the amount in dispute is 300 dollars

This action happened on 2 Jul 2010-- more than 4 months ago

1st Perez was short on the deal so I had been talking about him paying for shipping all along

Second- Perez wanted a barrel fit(at the last moment)- so I drove up to my gunsmith ( at my expense) 400 miles round trip to facilitate that - not part of the original agreement

Third Perez finally told me that he didnt have a UPS shipping number but that his friend that owed him did- and he would cover it- I cautioned him on the phone that day that my gunsmith was shipping it and he (Perez) was liable- one way or another

Fourth- The UPS charge to that accout was later turned downseveral times over several months before I paid the bill with a credit card- a fee that that my gunsmith was charged and I reimbursed- the credit card fee and the UPS fee- gunsmith was billed and didnt have any option.

Fifth- In calls to the UPS account holder- they deny this friend of Rays owns the company or even works there any more

Sixth- That bill could still be paid and the money would be returned to my gunsmiths UPS account as a credit

There is no other side to this

These facts mirror other ones about Perez lately- that people have emailed me and called me about

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I see it Gene 100% right, Rey 100% wrong. Anybody see it any different?

13. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wellll, if I understand this right, Gene or his gunsmith should be reimbursed by Rey. The problem looks to be between Rey and his friend.

14. cubancigar2000

I agree it is reys responsibility BUT - two people who cannot agree on a shipping chg on a large transaction??? It is a simple case of negotiations and both sides could bend and split it and problem over. Then gene never does business with rey again. thats how I see it. It is so easy to settle??

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

this just serves as an example of not to do business when there is a 3rd party involved. I would pass on any deal that does not involve only two parties (e.g. the actual buyer and the actual seller). All of this 3rd party b.s. really can screw things up and usually makes a good deal go sour and ruin a friendship/business relationship.

16. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Sounds like Rey needs to "man up" and pay. Don't think I would do business with Rey. He sounds like a deadbeat.
    Jimmy

17. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Gene,
    Why not just file theft charges on Rey in your state. He will have to deal with the ATF a's well a's your local law enforcement. If it goes to court he will have to come to your state to defend himself. If he pays, then drop the charges. As many guns and related items he sells, I don't think je wants the ATF bothering him.
    Jimmy

18. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

If I read this correctly, Rey agreed to pay the shipping PERIOD.

The guy that owes Rey money, who had a bogus UPS account still owes Rey money.

Rey - Forget the guy who said he had a UPS account. He obviously doesn't have one, prabably never did regardless of his divorse, his age, his friend's shoe size, his whatever...(too much bla, bla.) That guy still owes you money and you owe Gene the shipping you agreed to pay.

If you're really the gentleman we think you are Rey, you'll pay him straight away and walk away friends. Failure to pay Gene only weakens your credibility.

19. g7777777

Why not sue and report Rey Perez?

I wasnt goint to post any of this- until Rey Perez on another thread brought it up that I couldnt prove any of this and was acting like a little girl-- until then I had just provided quiet reminders that we needed to settle up didn we?

When I informed him that I had the BOL with his gunsmiths name on it (and an annotation for Rey Perez) and his friends UPS account numbers together with the emails on the subject - someone deleted Rey Perez's post

I was already irritated by his stiffng my gunsmith- and later me- but to see him post on a public forum that I was essentially making this up (because I couldnt prove it with documentation) broke the camels back

Something can be true even if you dont have documentation - but that doesnt make it any less true- and smacks of dishonesty to assert that position

In this case I had the documentation ( or I guess it wouldnt be true would it Rey)?

I can and anyone else can easily sue someone or report them to agencies but I dont find threatening people a good approach unless it is part of the normal process in an industry or dealing-

In this case- its a hobby for me-- I had shot that receiver in question several years and then had it nitrided by Krieghoff in Germany- and it had sat in my safe as new since then-- and it was only one of two that have been made- but I had purchased another reciever and could not own both so when appproached about a "trade deal" it at least moved that receiver to someone who would use it.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Jimmy:

why would the ATF get involved? They are only concerned about the guns themselves(e.g. commerce, production, use in a crime), not whether Joe Blow got allegedly duped by a seller on shipping charges. They could care less about that....

small claims court is where this would be settled if either party wants to pursue this legally....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

has anyone purchased a krieghoff from rey perez out of florida