1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex powders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 24 straight, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24 straight

24 straight TS Member

Does anyone shoot Rex powder? It's less expensive than any I can find, but I know the cheepest isn't always the best policy. Any information?
    Thanks, 24 straight

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

Shoot Rex II and like it a lot. Price is right and not too dirty and pretty soft shooting. 20.5 grn 1 1/8 shot sts hulls, spolar gold wads and cheddite primer, no smoke the birds just disappear. Try it I think you will like it. mike

3. woodski

woodski Member

I shoot rex 1, 17gr for 1oz loads and rex 2, 20.5gr for 1 1/8oz both with windjammer 1oz-1 1/8 wad and cheddite primmers with great results. rex 2 leaves a little bit more residue than rex 1 but both perform great. got to clean your gun anyway, might as well save some cash! Bob

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I use Rex 1, its a fair powder, very cheap, smoky a little residue left, best powder for the buck.

Berettaman7

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Have been using Rex I in a "quick" 7/8 oz load . The powder was part of the "deal" offered by Graf's . I was pleased with the overall performance and would buy it again if the cost of PROMO increases to the point that costs are equivalent .

Charlie

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

A little dirty but good stuff.

7. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

How does it compare to Promo in price and quality. I get Promo for 71 per 8lb jug.

Thanks

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I started using Rex II about 2 months ago and found I really like it for the recoil. I use 20.0 with 1oz for 1200 and seem to work just as good as 700x or red dot.
    A friend of mine started using Rex 1 and also liked it very well and has sinced changed over to rex. He said he can't tell any change in his scores.
    Can't beat the price but as soon as the importers see that a product is starting to move hang on. Remember these prices are probably promotional.

9. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Buy it, use it, but don't even tell your momma about it. Demand will drive up the cost just like it did with Cheddite primers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.