1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gotbass, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotbass

gotbass Member

I like Rex 2 a lot. Rem hulls and downrange wads 11/8, 1oz, 7/8 all good. chedite primers

21 grains =1200+- and 19grains for 1oz =1190 soft shooting

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

I like Rex 2 a lot. Rem hulls and downrange wads 11/8, 1oz, 7/8 all good. chedite primers

21 grains =1200+- and 19grains for 1oz =1190 soft shooting

3. woodski

woodski Member

Lance, I would highly recommend Rex powder but suggest you buy the 2 lb. container to try it for yourself. I have used two 25 lb. boxes of REX 2 (this is the way the large quantities come and save you bunches of money)and very happy with it's performance (Soft shooting) although it's a little dirtier than some of the other powders but I clean my guns quite often anyway. I have loaded 1 oz, and 1 1/8 oz. with Rex 2. I also have tried REX 1 in the 2 lb quantities for 7/8 oz. loads and have been pleased with it also (really soft shooting) and have purchased a 25 lb. box of it also. I am going to buy a 2 lb. container of REX 3 next to try for my 1 1/8 handicp loads (a little softer shooting than 1 1/8 oz. using REX 2 I am told)and have heard good feedback for this powder for this load. I use Fio primers in summer and Cheddites in winter with these powders and Windjammer wads. Long story short is Try It, I think you will like it, I DO!!!
    Bob W.

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Lance,

Connie's components in Washington sells all the Rex powders and are about the cheapest around. The also ship the 2.2lb. kegs to California (I know because I'm in San Diego and they ship to me all the time), and if you buy a case at a time (10 of the 2.2lb. kegs) they pay for the hazmat fees.

I also shoot the Rex1 and actually prefer it to the Rex2.

Give them a try!

Kevin (Bucko43)

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Lance... I, too, am a long time 700X shooter. Having said that, I am now shooting REX II. I also buy mine at the Grand Pacific from Connie's Components in 25lb containers. I normally buy 50lbs at a time. My 11/8oz. handicap load is a Remington hull, Cheddite primer, 22gr. REX II, Versalite wad, and 11/8oz 71/2's. I load 22gr. because my barrel is back bored to .742, and I find I need a little more powder to keep up the speed, and the Versalite wads love it! For my singles and doubles loads, I have been using Promo, but, when its gone, I'll go back to REX I for the 1oz. loads.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. woodski

woodski Member

Lance,
    You are welcome for the info. Get a hold of Dakin at Connies Components for sure and he will set you up with great pricing. If you contact him ahead of time and make an order he will probably bring it right to Evergreen Sptsmans club for you as he has his trailer there set up selling components during the PITA State and Grand shoots usually. I will probably see you there (I still have a regular job so intermittently there). I am the new President of Evergreen Sportsmans Club so ask around for me (Bob Woods)and we will introduce ourselves and compare loads & our success hopfully. Break em all!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.