1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex powder????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slide action, Jun 29, 2013.

1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Rex powder? Haven't seen it for sale in ages! I used to buy it in bulk at the Grand. Is it still imported?

2. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I asked Graf during the Mo. State. He told me he bought it all when they quit making powder. This was a year back or more.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Rex was made by Nitrkemia in Hungary, and is no longer imported.

Wayne

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

They do not import because they no longer make the powder. They have had trouble since WW11 and finally pollution shut down the powder side of the company. The fertilizer side is still in business.

Ajax

6. Mark McLaughlin

Mark McLaughlin TS Member

A friend picked up some rex 1 at a estate sale and gave it to me.It was packaged in a big plastic bag and in a box. I thought about trying it out but need some load info on it?? Any info would be appreciated.
    mark

7. kofh2

kofh2 Member

Mark, go to http://www.rexpowder.com/. Sounds like you got a 25# "keg" if unused/unopened. Walter

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Rex 1 is as close to Red Dot as you can find. I've found Rex 11 to be a little faster than Green Dot. I still load Rex as I had quite a bit when they shut down. It is dirty but works well.

Ajax

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I really liked the REX powders. Economical, sure fire, bulky, used a bunch of it.

I would still use it if available. Went back to Red Dot (REX NO 1) and Unique (REX NO 3).

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a unopened 2.2 lb. container of #1 I have had for a few years. I don't reload anymore and recently bought 30 cases of Win. trap loads (not AA). Shipping is a problem from 61520

Search tags for this page
rex 2 powder for sale

rex gunpowder for sale

rex powd4er

rex powder

rex powder company

rex powder for sale

rex powder reloading
whathappenedtorexpowder