1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex powder?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrowningGuy, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Which powder, 1 or 2, is better on singles, and which would be better with reclaimed shot? I have plenty of both, looking for a good load for singles and doubles. Thanks Tony

2. missemucho

missemucho Member

Rex 1 is the faster of the two and better for singles, but if you plan to shoot reclaimed shot with it I'd recommend dropping the powder charge below what you would normally use. If it was me I'd start around 16.5 gr for a one ounce load depending on your primer and wad. Check your pattern and be sure to weigh the shot charge dropped; reclaimed is famous for light weight drops. Good first shot at doubles load; for the second shot I'd use Rex 2 WITHOUT the reclaimed shot!
    JMHO
    John

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've posted the website for REX powders and their reloading recommendations.

Just scroll down the website front page. It's all there.

Kevin

4. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Both Rex-l & Rex-ll are good powders.
    For what you are looking to do I suggest Rex-l

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Use the Rex 1 for your singles as it is a little faster than the Rex II. I have done some serious testing on the Rex powder and although it's a little dirtier than the premium powders, it's very consistent in both pressures and velocities. Use your Rex II and III for handicap and field loads.

6. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Thanks for info, Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.