1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REX Powder has anybody tried it

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Do a search in the search section and you will find numerous threads dealing with REX powders.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

About 500lbs. of Rex II. A little dirty. No other issues. I don't use anything else.

Buz

3. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

I asked the same question about four years ago and Dan(Trap2) told me to go for it. Been using REX1 for 1oz. loads since then. Like alfermann66 says, it is a bit dirty, but nothing you can't live with.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used REX I for several years for Bunker loads. I have a nearly unlimited supply of once fired Riefenhausers. In these roomy hulls I think it is one of the best powders for 1350+ 24 gram Bunker and 1300+ one ounce loads. It is not as clean as Clays or E3, but the price is right, recoil is light and patterns are devastating. I have shot in weather that wasn't worth going out in (BRRRRRRR) and the loads have been flawless. This stuff meters VERY well in my 9000's.

As I said, I load it exclusively for Bunker (24 gram) and one ouncers. I have once again started shooting 1 1/8 oz loads for caps. I intend to get a 25 lb box of REX II for the heavier load.

REX powder is one of the best values in shotshell propellants.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shooting Coach: Do you use Cheddite Primers with Rex?

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I don't know about Shooting Coach, but I have used 300 lbs of REX I and about 200 of REX II. I use F616 primers for my 7/8 oz., and 1 0z. loads. Fed 209A and RIO for my 1 1/16 oz. handicap loads. I also like to use the Estate/Top Gun hulls With WJII wads. I prefer the WinAA hulls for singles and doubles. Ben

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I have only used about 10 kilos of it,

like it a lot.

Al

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used WW-209, CCI 209, Rem STS, Cheddite, Fed 209A and Rio primers with REX. No problems. I prefer to keep pressures over 9000 psi, which prevents cold weather performance issues.

I use Rio primers because of the Rio hulls I load. Cheddite primers work just fine. They are among the most consistent primers out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.