1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex II for 1 oz loads??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have been loading American Select in 1 1/8 and 1 oz loads. I have loaded Rex 0 and Rex I. I have a couple of cans of Rex II, have any of you tried RexII in 1 oz? I know it mainly a 1 1/8 oz powder. The Amer. Sel. load I was loading let me use one powder setting for 1 1/8 @ 1145 and the same powder charge for 1 oz @ 1200, and that is what I am trying to achieve with the Rex II if I can.

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have used RexII. They work fine but for some reason the 1 1/8 crimps work open if they sit around for several weeks but the 1 oz. does not. Both loads are with Claybuster wads. The powder may be too bulky for the 1 1/8 oz. for some reason that I don't understand. I have not had any problem with any other powder.

3. gotbass

gotbass Member

I use Rex II and load Down Range lime green 1oz or Spolar 1oz and Spolar 1 1/8 wiht same powder charge and about the variation that you seek. Works great, shoots soft and runs my 303 just fine. I have about stopped shooting 1 1/8 as the 1oz breaks them all the way back and for the most part I don't shoot further back than the 24. Remington hulls and 20 gr.

4. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

gotbass, 20 grs was about what I had extrapalated from the Rex site too. Are you loading on a P-W, if so what bushing for 20 gr?

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

I am loading on a PW, I will get back to you with the bushing at work now. Mike

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I have been using RexII for about 2yrs now and had no Problem. I shoot the 1oz load with the recommended load and have no problems at the 27 or back for the shoot offs. B12

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Have you guys noticed that REX 1 and REX 2 are nowhere to be found on the internet stores?

I heard a rumor the other day that the factory where REX is made in Hungary was taken over by their government and they won't be selling to the US any more. Anyone else hear this?

Kevin

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Here's their website with the recipes.

http://www.rexpowder.com/

Kevin

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

RGB, the proper bushing size is whatever it takes to weigh out 20 gr. You do weigh your powder, don't you?

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.