Reward for groundhog killer?

2K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  larryjk 
#1 ·
Police continue hunt for groundhog killer
Sparta, NJ neighborhood is scoured for clues
Saturday, July 07, 2007
BY JOE MOSZCZYNSKI
Star-Ledger Staff
Sparta police canvassed the neighborhood yesterday where a groundhog was found hanging from a tree, but no arrests in the animal's killing are imminent.

Sgt. Ron Casteel said detectives came up empty when asking residents of Saddle Ridge Road, off Route 94 near the Lafayette border, for information about the dead animal during their follow-up investigation.

"No one has stepped forward," he said. "Hopefully, the reward money will induce somebody to come forward but so far that hasn't happened."

On June 9, homeowners on Saddle Ridge Road discovered the groundhog dangling from a tree branch about 12 feet off the ground. A heavy-gauge wire was found wrapped the animal's neck while the opposite was attached by a wire "clothespin" to a wooden stake.

The Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the macabre death.

See less See more
#28 ·
jnoemanh, Yes, I am really concerned because of the people making rules that don't have any idea what they are writing about. I am also concerned when I find out who the "oversight" committee to OSHA includes. I don't fear them because none of them are honest enough to come into the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.