1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reward for groundhog killer?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by atagym, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atagym

atagym TS Member

Police continue hunt for groundhog killer
    Sparta, NJ neighborhood is scoured for clues
    Saturday, July 07, 2007
    BY JOE MOSZCZYNSKI
    Star-Ledger Staff
    Sparta police canvassed the neighborhood yesterday where a groundhog was found hanging from a tree, but no arrests in the animal's killing are imminent.

Sgt. Ron Casteel said detectives came up empty when asking residents of Saddle Ridge Road, off Route 94 near the Lafayette border, for information about the dead animal during their follow-up investigation.

"No one has stepped forward," he said. "Hopefully, the reward money will induce somebody to come forward but so far that hasn't happened."

On June 9, homeowners on Saddle Ridge Road discovered the groundhog dangling from a tree branch about 12 feet off the ground. A heavy-gauge wire was found wrapped the animal's neck while the opposite was attached by a wire "clothespin" to a wooden stake.

The Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the macabre death.

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Its a groundhog so whats the big deal??????????????????

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Grief-stricken neighbors have received professional help that will go door to door and will be on hand until the entire neighborhood gets "closure" on this disturbing murder!!!!

Word has it,,,18,763 handguns were purchased from gun stores in the area,,and talk of a blockwatch/vigilante group has reached the ears of George Bush prompting a re-newed call to make them legal..........

AKA Grammie...........

4. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Killed one of the danged things in my garden this week along with 5 rabbits. All were eating my vegies uninvited. Will continue to do so. Just bought a new 22 mag. rifle to do the job. I didn't think they would wait around for the trial. However, none were hanged.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's not that the groundhog was killed, but the method of its killing.<br>
    <br>
    I have no qualms about killing animals. I'm a varmint hunter. Some years I shoot several hundred animals.<br>
    <br>
    BUT, animals deserve a quick and as pain free a death as possible. Responsible hunting does that.<br>
    <br>
    Hanging a groundhog by the neck until dead slowly sufficates the animal, and that's cruel. It's the animal cruelty part that must be considered here.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe the kids didn't have an old pair of tennis shoes to sling up into the tree(maybe they were tryin' for the powerlines), gangsta style.

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Did the autopsy reveal that the groundhog was actually killed by hanging? This should be looked into in depth. Because if the whistle pig was already dead then we have an abuse of a corpse and not a homicide.

Did the neighbor that reported it try to revive it? There may be a law suite there also if they did nothing and the groundhog could have been saved.

Did anyone take it to the vet for a $3000.00 operation that may have saved it?

Oh the inhuman acts of these monstrous people that would actually kill an animal. Who do they think they are PETA? They are the only ones I know that can get away with killing hundreds of pets and dumping them in dumpsters behind business.

Rock

Jim

8. Robb

Robb Member

I'd like to meet the guy that got the wire around the hogs neck if it was alive at that time which I doubt.

9. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Maybe someone set up a snare. Probably the local Indians.

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Robb

I was kinda thinking that way also. They are a mean little SOB when they want to be. About like trying to kiss a gator.

Most likely just kids having fun.

Rock

Jim

11. Robb

Robb Member

We used to hang them on the barbed wire to prove the kill. If they don't hit the fence or tailgate they don't count. None of that he died in the hole BS.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Brian In Oregon

Subject: Did someone say they have feral cat problems?
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Jul 07, 2007 - 05:01 PM CT
    Website Address: http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm

Hunt them... with a Coehorn Mortar!

2-1/4 lb mini-bowling balls and 1100 grains of blackpowder!

I really have a hard time understanding your thought process here. You are contradicting yourself. In one statement you seem to be a animal hater and on the other an animal lover.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh good grief.... cubancigar2000, apparently you cannot understand nor grasp the concept of satire. You're probably still learning about how to present one-liner jokes. I suggest you click the link and educate yourself.

14. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Too bad it wasn't Dick(less) Cheney.

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

gee let me see i shoot about 60 grounghogs per year for the last 25 years. how much prison time is that? i forgot Punxsutawney Phil the famous groundhog is next if he predicts another bad winter.

16. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Have the FORENSIC results come back from the FBI yet??????PJ

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Piddie, come on back as a prairie dog, I have a very interesting experience for you.

HM

18. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I have just posted this on AMERICA'S MOST WANTED!!John Walsh will get to the bottom of this!! 1-800 CRIME ALERT

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

You guys are sick bastiges lol

20. larryjk

larryjk Member

jnoemanh, A few days ago you were trying to tell shooters not to get excited about the OSHA game on new rules for manufacturing, transporting, and retailing of small arms ammunition, primers and smokeless powder. Guess who the folks are on the OSHA oversight committee. Teddy K., Diane Feinstein, and Chucky Baby Schumer. Those three "distinguished" folks are reason enough to realize the situation stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.