1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Revised ATA Shoot Prices at Markham Park

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by mixer, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

As of today our new prices are: $30/100 plus a daily ATA/FTA/County Lead fee: $6.00

Options:

Class Purse $5.00, Yardage Purse $5.00, Lewis Class $10, Lunch $8.00

I know many will say that our rates are high but you don't have to buy your targets from a County operated range.

Eric

2. pweld

pweld TS Member

Eric you mean to tell me that y'all did a revamp on the price structure and did not consult Indy? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Paul Welden

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I know Paul, I hang my head in shame for not asking Indy his advice and input. Maybe he would like to try to convince the County to lower their prices to us so they can operate at a loss but make it up in volume.

Eric

4. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

$9 a round? That'll grow the sport.

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I can't understand charging shooters a lead fee. Every club I have seen have a company come in for reclaimation they get a percentage of the lead reclaimed.
    The club seems to win on both ends.

6. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

It's Florida, sptnclays. The entire state is built on playing every possible angle to get your money.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Sptnclays,

Reclaiming 25 years worth of lead at Markham is almost an impossible task. The drop zone is in a forest of trees on hilly ground with Malaluca trees that can't just be cut down as you would with regular trees. Their are specific EPA rules on how to remove & dispose of those trees. It's a very complicated issue.

Indy,

We use your money to cover the snow that falls here. That's how we keep Florida green.

Eric

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Eric:

Being intimately involved in helping to operate a municipal range, I've worked on budgets for our various shooting programs. I can't recall, but is a club involved in any way with the Markham program?! Could greater club involvement result in operational savings, resulting in pricing correction?! Does your parks system allow for groups to embed themselves into programs as hosts/sponsors?!

Our parks department demands that programs cover all direct expense (labor, targets, shells, utilities, etc. and further, to contribute to indirect expense (ground maintenance, repairs, etc.). We have a three-tier pricing structure that rewards club involvement, discounts resident/non-members and charges full pricing to non-resident/non-members... but no tier exceeds $6/round...

Would be glad to help if it could make a difference...

best regards,

Jay

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jay,

While I appreciate your input and experience the situation here is completely different. In simple terms, we the club are the tenents, the County/Parks department are the landlord.

They do what they want, when they want without any help from us nor do they want any. They do almost nothing to promote the facility. In fact they would be very happy if we stopped holding any registered events as throwing 5-6000 targets on an ATA shoot day would according to them it causes too much wear & tear on the trap machines.

Eric

10. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Mixer, You forgot a buck and a half just to get in front gate! It'll be all right, as soon as other clubs see what you're charging they will raise their price too. I'm sure going to miss shooting at Markham Park,lots of nice people there. Don Mason

11. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Jay, attached is Markham's 990. Perhaps review it to see if there are some ways they can save money and lower fees.

Don, didn't know they had a gate fee just to get in the place.

indyshotgun_2011_18043.jpg

indyshotgun_2011_18044.jpg

indyshotgun_2011_18045.jpg

12. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Indy,

What's your point regarding posting our tax return? BTW the $1.50 park entry fee is imposed by the County and it's weekends and Holidays only. You do remember that I told you the park and the club are two separate entities? Perhaps having the same name confused you so from now on and just for you the club will be called "Eric's Trap Club" and we shoot at Markham Park.

Eric
    (Chief Cook & Bottle Washer at Eric's Trap Club that shoots at Markham Park)

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Eric, Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. Hey Chief, whats for lunch this month??? LOL. break em all Jeff

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Indy, PM me your email address and I would be happy to send you a copy of our monthly fianicial report, you could then see that our Florida club operates in no manner in which you claim. You may even be able to show us some cost saving measure we are missing. Jake

16. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jeff,

This month is our King Neptune feast. A gourmet table of succulent steamed to perfection shelled sea creatures. We will have lobster galore, huge shrimp, clams, oysters, calimari in garlic sauce and many other sensual palette pleasing offerings.

Of course we will have our usual extensive wine offerings to help lubricate the gastronomical crustation delights. Dessert will be either Baked Alaska or Cherrys Jubilee with a choice of coffee's and cognac's from around the world. All you have to do is show up and register to shoot.

Eric

17. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Markham Park is owned and operated by Broward County. They are easily sitting on millions of lbs. of easily recoverable lead shot, and they charge shooters to put it there. When queried about reclaiming the lead shot (cashing in) they have made it impossible to do so by a qualified reclaimer due to the hoop-jumping one must go through. They put out a RFP (request for proposals) with their stipulations, and they got no response, subsequently tabled the plan, for now.
    The clubs that affiliate themselves with this location are working with a bureaucracy that doesn't have a clue.

Dick Gries

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Eric,

Are ya'll going to have the Vendor Shoot this year ??

Jerry B.

PS. For what it's worth.. paying the prices at Eric's gun club is worth the visit. I have nothing but good things to say about the club and the people running the shoots there !!

19. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jerry,

The Vendors shoot as we knew it is no more. In it's place is the Chain shoot on Feb 2-5, 2012. Basically same shoot with a new name and vendors. Let me know and I'll squad you early.

Eric

20. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Eric,

Keep me posted.. maybe I can get Elizabeth to come down with me .. she can do some Massage Work and I'll make a few Ear Plugs. I marked the calander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata trap shoots at markham park