1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Review of a quality product at an excellent price

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

When I get home from shooting, I'll use RIG grease on my gun to prevent it from rusting. Since its all greased up, I really don't want to put it back in the case and get the grease all over everything (brand new americase), and I don't want to stand it up anywhere because of potential recoil pad damage.

So I was browsing the internet a couple months ago looking for a solution to my problem, and came across a gentleman making handmade oak gun stands.

http://rubyswamp.com/

I ordered the "Single Gun Display Stand" (he also has 2 and 3 gun stands). Received it today (it does take a little while b/c they are all hand made). Will work quite well to keep my gun elevated and nicely displayed, and at a price that I'm amazed the guy can make any profit at. Fit and finish was immaculate. All and all, its probably the best value for my dollar of anything I've purchased on the internet over the years. When I get some ambition, I'll take a couple pics of my gun in the stand.

I have no connection with this company, just wanted to share my experiences, I'm sure there are other people here who would be interested in this product.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just ordered a triple at a great price. I'll put it on my tailgate to hawk my wares.

Ed Yanchok

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of my gun in the assembled stand. The only thing I could change if I could would be to have the barrel support maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower, so the gun was level, but I'm not that worried about it, and I'm sure if the gentleman were to make them to custom measurements it'd add to the cost (which I'm guessing he could charge about double what he's asking and still sell a ton).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.