1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reverse long run score?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by just_bob, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just_bob

just_bob Member

I'm sure the definition of this is obvious to everyone but me, but please explain.

just_bob

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Most hit targets counting back from the last target. Often called the back run. Useful for breaking tie scores while eliminating the concept of sandbagging an average by dropping the last target.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Long run front or back ? often used to break a tie,s (really)

I shot at a club that went from the front or back depending on how a club member shot . If a club member drops target number one go from the back or if he drops the last target go from the front . I no longer shoot at this club .

4. certifiable

certifiable TS Member

If you miss your first target & finish w/ a 99 and the other guy misses his last target for a 99. You win w/ the reverse long run.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Some clubs use the longest run, front to back, back to front or anywhere in the middle.

6. jimsw

jimsw Member

That long run, front to back, back to front can drive you nuts. I lost a carry over once with a 199 in a 200 bird event. The shooter who beat me shot something like a 182. How did that happen? I dropped the 15th bird and he ran the first 25. I then ran the next 185 and lost. No whining allowed, he performed and I didn't. Tough loss but that was the way the tie was settled.

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Jimsw,

Carry Over is a little different than long run front to back. With a Carry Over, the next sub-event(s) is like a shoot off. I won one with a 24, other guy shot a 23. I do not know who missed first, most likely me I missed the 6th bird. Long run front to back is like miss and out, unless everybody misses the same target in the run.

Jason

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Yes carry over's are different. They are used at my club for all shooting events. Yes, it has been a long standing rule that all ties (exeption gun champ & for runner up) be settled with the long run (longest run front or back wins). There has not be a tie that I know of yet. If you both shoot the same score you go to longest run first (front to back or back to front), if that is a tie the longest run on the other side (front to back or back to front)is used. It saves the shooters shells and the club targets. The next closest club to me will shoot off for the smaller tie's, go figure. Break-em all. Jeff

9. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

A lot of local clubs use to have a long run front and back option on handicap. One money each end ties divide. Not much fun to cashier. Always forgot to mark it down. D Winter

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Alf, Why didn't you just join the club?

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

At our small club, we use the reverse long run to determine winner of ties during a registered event. We use this so we don't have to throw shoot-off targets. Our profit margin is so small a bunch of shoot-off targets would negatively affect our bottom line.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

jimsw

"That long run, front to back, back to front can drive you nuts. I lost a carry over once with a 199 in a 200 bird event. The shooter who beat me shot something like a 182. How did that happen?"

It would drive me nut also I would want to know how there was a carry over with out a tie as 182 doesn't tie 199. If there is a carry over why would they need a long run from the front or the back?

Bob Lawless

13. jimsw

jimsw Member

We were breaking a tie in the prior days 100 bird 16 yard event. We both had a 99 as I remember and rather than shoot off they carried it over to the next day. The tie was settled by your score on each 25 birds. I dropped a bird on the first 25 and it was over. If he had also dropped a bird in the first 25 then it would have gone on to the next 25 and so on. Like a normal shoot off, don't miss your bird!

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

jimsw

"I lost a carry over once with a 199 in a 200 bird event."

"The shooter who beat me shot something like a 182. How did that happen?"

Sorry the numbers just don't compute. A 199 in a 200 bird event or a 99 in a 100 bird event?????????????

"The tie was settled by your score on each 25 birds. I dropped a bird on the first 25 and it was over"

Sorry that doesn't compute either shoot offs decided every 25 targets is
    SOP not confusing. Normal so what doe it have to do with long run from the Front or long run from the Back????

Bob Lawless

15. jimsw

jimsw Member

I understand. We both shot a 99 in the prior days event. Rather than have a shoot off that day the tie was to be settled by a carry over to the next days 16 yd. event, which happened to be a 200 bird event. But rather than settle the tie on the total 200 bird score it was settled by the score in each 25 bird sub event. The score in the first sub event was he 25 me 24 (I dropped the 15th bird). I lose. That was the way the ties were settled. It is really no different than a regular shoot off. If we had shot off I would have lost the shoot off in the first round. A goofy result but fair enough.

16. gnprts

gnprts Member

I lucked out with the.... from last to front tie breaker for the Ford purse in the 1994 Grand.
    I dropped my 23rd target and ran them from there. I ended up with just over $1300.00 for my part of the purses.... I think I still have a copy of the pay off sheet. Best five dollars I ever spent.

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I missed my 3rd target and ran the rest at the Grand twenty years before in the Vandalia Hdcp.

That one purse along paid over $3500.

That week alone I made more take home cash than I did teaching mathematics for the entire year.

Had I shot the 99 the previous day I would have won the Grand Americna Hdcp outright. It was won with a 98 by John Steffan from Mpls.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reverse run scoring in trap shooting

trap shooting reverse run