1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse Auction (( How do feel about it))

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rennerize, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I am considering putting a gun up for reverse auction. How do the readers feel about this?? Please air your feelings here or by email. And for those that want me to do this please suggest what gun you would like to see on the auction.
    Thanks in advance.
    Don

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Glad someone else didn't know....

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I would put a gun here with a price for a specified time. If it does not sale I would lower the price each time until someone buys it. Thanks for asking.
    Don

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Example Mx2000 price $6000.00. If no one buys it next week or a specified amount of time. The price drops to $5800.00. If no one buys it next week it goes to $5600.00. You get the idea?
    Don

5. 6878mm

6878mm Member

I think this is called a "Dutch Auction"
    Comes from the flower markets in Europe, a lot of fish markets use this type of thing

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Does anyone have any feelings about it?????????
    Don

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Personally, I think it's a great idea. Sometimes there are guns listed here that I would like to buy, but even with "best price" listed or received, sometimes the price is too high (for me). This type of format, in my opinion, might allow less tire kicking and more serious attention to what's being sold.

I would suggest that you put a time limit (days, weeks) on your auction. Leaving it open-ended might end up costing you! I have no suggestions on what you should start with. Sorry...

Good luck.

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

I think that's called lowering the price until you sell your gun. It's alright unless you monopolize the sight for business purposes. If that indeed turns out to be the case. See Ya.

9. Juno

Juno TS Member

Jerry, the same thing will happen regardless.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Local gunstore often does that...they have a set of ropes with loops hanging from the ceiling - one on the forend, one on the pistol grip and a sign underneath that shows the price, with a calendar, and they mark it down $10 for each day it doesn't sell.

It's a big game to see how long something will last before someone can't stand it and buys the gun. Lots of fun.

My dad visits regularly, and he always wants to "go see what's in the ropes" at the gun store. Give it a shot. I guess the worst that will happen is that no one will want it at any price. unlikely....

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've seen Best Buy do this in their computer department on the opened box items.. Lowered the price every week a particular computer wasn't sold.
    I think it's a bad idea. You'll have to keep pushing the post to the top. Also, you won't be able to prevent people from nuisance postings, like pretending they're seriously interested, or why it's worth a certain amount or not..things like that.
    Also, will you have a bottom price? Will you disclose that beforehand. If you take the gun off the forum when it reaches a certain price, will you then take that last price?

Way too complicated.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Put the gun on here and list it at your asking price or best offer, whats the difference ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Just send me $20.00 and I will accept the gun !!!

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I think bodyman beat you to it. He's been trying to sell that BT99 pigeon for several months and the price keeps edging downward. You should ask him how well it works (I do see it is still listed)

LOL

Bob

15. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Ok I will get pics and gun on here asap. Thanks for all that has commented.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.