1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

returned pistol stolen 22 years ago

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoggy, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Had the same thing happen with my 1911A1 US Army Ithaca made in 1945. It also was like new until I got it back with scratches on the slide. Thankfully they are minor. It only took mine 3 years to come home. It's a good thing I had the serial number written down and had reported it stolen. It had been used in a robbery. It would have taken even longer to get back but when I went down to claim it and they weren't going to let me have it one of the officers said "ah let him have it back, it's an antique".

2. M-16

M-16 TS Member

If you were paid inssurance money for them than yes, but you should have the right to buy it back.

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

No insurance was involved. In my case anyway.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some departments have a policy of destroying all firearms that come into their possession. Others destroy all firearms that have ever been used in a crime.<br>
    <br>
    And never forget the anti's want to make YOU responsible for that robbery committed with your stolen gun.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've heard the Hudson River is full of those....

6. M-16

M-16 TS Member

38 more to go. It's a same you couldn't of just given them the lead from one of the pistols. You probely woulnd't of looked for restatution for the cost of the bullet either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.