1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Return spring super x1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I have the trigger group, bolt out and the stock off, it looks like I need to clean the return spring and tube. I see there is a pin that needs drifted out. How do I remove the spring without it flying apart. Thanks, Wayne

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Remove the barrel, bolt and trigger group first, obviously. I took a coat hanger and made a very small hook at one end and sharpened the end by cutting it at a 45 degree angle with snips. You can feed the hook down the inside of the spring from the opening at the rear end of the tube. Hook one of the spring coils near the follower and retract the spring so that the follower is not under pressure. Bend the coat hanger over the top of the tube so that it holds the spring off the follower. Drift the pin out and remove the follower. (Throw it away if its aluminum and replace with steel one from Wright's). Gradually let the spring uncoil so that it can be removed through the action.

To install, work spring back into tube with a pair of screw drivers and secure with the hook. Easy with someone helping but you learn how after doing a hundred.

Confusing I know.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The easy way.......1) drill a 1/8" dia. hole thru the tube wall directly opposite the slot, at the very rear of the slot, 2) insert a 1/8" dia. scewdriver or similar tool thru the slot and hole to retain the spring (insert the tool a few coils forward and pull the spring back as you pin it to relieve the tension), using 2 tools similar to above, walk old and new springs in or out as required.

Ken Rucker

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Thanks for the great ideas, I'll try them tomorrow. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.