1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Retro Grand?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapwife, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be fun if the attendance pins at the Grand were the old style "name badge" that had a ribbon and kind of looked like a medal? Wouldn't it be great if the Florida State Assoc would bring orange juice like they used to? I wish someone at Sparta would stay open late and serve elephant ears....

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Sparta needs a Barnsider - - and a Friendly Ice Cream - - and - -

3. trapwife

Sparta (and surrounding area) have plenty of good places to eat, we didn't make it everywhere we wanted to go last year so we are going to go back this year. The vendor who made his own ice cream on the grounds last year was pretty good eatin' and there is a fine DQ in town.

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

And a Christy's, Chop House. I am disappointed that Mr. & Mrs Leo. have not built a Christy's . In years gone by, always had visit with Leo in Christy's or Fullmers. Married Life.Best pizza in world.
    The good old days.They likely are in southern Illinois. We have not found them.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

there is an excellent pizza place in the strip mall across from Walmart in Sparta. Can't remember the name of it.....but it is awesome. I don't know that it was there last year. A young man from IL took us there during the Open this year.....and it was just as good as he said it was........so there you have it....great pizza!

enjoy.

6. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

The Vandalia area didn't have the Pistol City Restaurant and Saloon (Coulterville, Ill.). Not a Barnsider, but pretty good for a very small rural town. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere so well that we ate there 4 days out of 7.

7. trapwife

Jerry, you just got yourself a deal. Which shoot off do you want to do this during? Pick any night other than Aug 6 (Charlie Daniels concert) and Aug 11 (Blues concert in Sparta)I plan on Leo being at shoot-offs every night, so see ya there....Karla

8. trapwife

I'll be in the stands cheering for you....

9. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I wish I still had my old pins fron the 60's and 70's. They had my name typed on the top. I think Mom pitched them during a cleaning session. Not sure. Todd

10. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

While no "Keyhole" or "Barnsider," Alongi's on the main East-West drag in Du Quoin is a pretty neat little Italian place...and run by a gen-u-wine Italian-American family, they will cook you up any Italian dish you can think of, from real gravy-boat lasagna to an excellent pie. There may be other places just as good, but I had no reason to look for them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.