1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Retirement & new UGB25

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flyfishinfool, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Well, after 37 years with the company I retired last Friday. And some pretty generous friends gave me a new UGB25 as a retirement gift. I was flabbergasted and almost sat down and cried. That was the nicest thing any one or group has ever done for me.

I am pretty sure I can get the hang of this retirement stuff

And with a little practice I think I can grow to like the UGB25 !

I just need to loose some weight, swim 4-5 times a week, and learn to fox trot and waltz because the next significant life event after retirment is the grave. And I am going to try and procrastinate on that one.

See ya at the Arkansas State Shoot

Dan

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Have fun.

Don

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I retired also just a year ago. Believe me you won't regret it. The UGB was a very nice gesture on your friends part but sadly it has not proven to be very successful. Keep it even if you dont like shooting it ( and you won't) It will have a lot of sentimental value over the years as well as it is sure to appreciate in value ( way down the road) becuase they will quit producing it soon

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I highly recommend swimming. I swam outside for 16 weeks last summer, and it cured my tennis elbow. Now I have started back (since our outdoor pool opened) and I have to work on my sore right shoulder. I never joined an indoor pool, so I'm 36 weeks behind right now.

If you were not a swimmer before, try the snorkel link above. I don't have trouble breathing until I get winded, and then the breathing and swimming are too much for me. If it's a workout you're after, the snorkel is great.

I also recommend a DVD by the "Dancing With The Stars" group. Kym Johnson teaches the Samba, and your heart will get a workout just watching! (There are also other dances on there.)

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.