1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RESULTS-NTSD-- BUFFALO GUN CLUB-- SEPT. 27

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by etook, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etook

etook TS Member

the buffalo gun club put on a great shoot even though the wind was bad it was still a good time. just wanted to let you guys know what a good job you did.

Eric Tooker

2. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

So sorry I had to miss it.

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS,

Thank you so much for all your planning and preparation for yesterday's event. When we got there at 7:45am to help you and Smitty already had it all done, and Ron was hard at work prepping the computer for the day's scores. As the people started pouring in it was great to see so many friends and new shooters to BGC--the Amey's from Stillwater, Eric from North Dakota, that wonderful gentleman from Manitoba who drove down to see Pat Laib for a gun fix and made sure he caught the event!

I will never forget that doubles round EVER. Shot a 63 and by the time I came in my cheeks and sides were aching from laughing so hard! I would have gone out and done it again just for the sheer joy of it but alas, others wanted to partake in the fun too.

Thank you, Wally. You are the ATA's 2009 Volunteer of the Year for a reason, and that reason is you are the absolute best at making people feel welcome and at home at the Buffalo Gun Club.

Sal

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Yesterday was a very memorable day and with 3 season too! 1st, still winds, warm sun bright skies. Fields and speed set perfectly, fast forward 2 hours, clouds, winds at 15 to 25 miles per hour. Half hour later, dark skies, birds look black, hoping like a bronco and rising and falling 3 feet, rain pelting you in the left cheek winds at 30 to 35 mph. 15 minutes later, clear and less wind. Another hour and winds at 30 to 40 with gust well above that during handicaps! Ouch. Another two hours and Doubles winds at 35 miles with gusts at one point during our round that reached perhaps 55 mph. Birds wild! To say the least. A doubles hit was rare and when it happened the squadmates cheered for you! Left birds were a lead of 1 foot inside and you better not stop swinging because another two seconds and the left target will be to the center of the trap house. The right target was a 5 to 6 foot lead and at times a Grummen canoe length during the real gusts. Scores were low and will take a year to recover from them, but hey, I have NEVER had so much fun shooting a round of trap in my life! Two trees blew over, empty target boxes wizzing by and just when you think they were really flying they took off twice as fast clearing fences and burhams without a scratch. Clay pigions from the other trap feild 75 feet away were in your field too, flying every bit as high as your right targets when they passed. What a day.

I and Sally and Buffalo Gun Club members, staff and board of directors want to thank all of the shooters whom attended yesterday. We all had a great time! Rounds started on time, turn around was immediate, and fun was had by all.

Thanks to our shooters who ventured from Manitoba, Grand Forks, ND. Wisconsin, St Paul, Willmar, and points beyond for your support yesterday. We look forward to next year and hope you will put us down for your shoots in the future.

Thanks also to Wally and Sherry Shelstad. Wally ran a fantastic shoot, and Sherry precided over the food for the day. Thanks to Ron Baker for the IT dept. work on scoring. Nice job.

Yes! It was inevitable, by bride, CalamitySJ kicked my butt yesterday! I was lucky to tie her in singles and I eeked out a lead in Windy Doubles, but she hammered me in Handicap! (By a boat load) Congrats dear, on your first win at Buffalo Gun Club! There will be many to follow I'm sure. Perhaps the student became the teacher for a day. Perhaps a life time. I am so proud of you.

Mark Stevens (Primedust)
    aka: Coach

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It was extremely windy but not windy enough to make us Wisconsinites. Heaven forbid!!

Bob and Mary Lou
    Stillwater, MN

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Bob and Mary Lou--

Sorry about that! I even asked that question yesterday at the club and was told Wisconsin!

Although after yesterday's wind I'm pretty sure Stillwater got pushed across the Mississippi, at least a little. It was so great to see you both and I'm sure I'll see you again soon.

Fellow Minnesotan,

Sally

PS. I fixed it. Sorry about that blonde moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

eric tooker trapshooting