1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Results from Texas State Shoot in Amarillo, Texas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Helen, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen

Helen TS Member

The results through Friday are posted on http://www.texastrap.com.

Thanks,
    Helen & Darla

2. Darla

Darla Member

OOPS! Forgot to put a link to the scores. I'll do it in the morning. Til then use the link above.

Congrats to Jess Anderson -State Doubles winner and Ron Paul - Bair Hatcher Hcp Champ.

Darla

3. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Congrats to all - great shooting in unusually high winds, even for Amarillo.

Longshot Photos will be on-site taking pix on Saturday. You can contact them during the shoot for posed pix, or go to their website after the shoot to see if they caught you in action. We will post contact info here; meanwhile, you can check out www.longshotphotos.com

4. Helen

Helen TS Member

5. mx3p4

mx3p4 Member

Let's post the entire scores if possible.

6. mx3p4

mx3p4 Member

Jess Anderson

7. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Jess Anderson took the Handicap Championship with a 98; Justin Chapman of Amarillo, shooting his first registered targets in nearly a year, was runner up with a 97. James Holmes III (son of Jamie Holmes) took 3rd.

Oklahoma's Ethan McCauley was high gun and non-res champ with a 99, followed by Pat Stacey with a 97.

A name from the past: Brett Stroupe, once the youngest shooter to make the 27, took 5th, also shooting his first registered targets in over a year, with Leon Payne taking the 27 ydg group.

HAA: Jess Anderson with a 392, followed by Mike Fisher with a 388. Virgil Rickel took AA HAA with a 385.

Great field with lots of All Americans, present and future Hall of Famers, and some good first time performances. Conditions were pretty tough until Sunday settled into a more typical windy summer day.

Amarillo Gun Club thanks everyone for coming out.

8. BNicely

BNicely TS Member

I thought we had enough shooters in the handicap championship to put the total over the 901 mark. It appears you are two people short of a level 4 shoot. Did a few people drop out? Thanks for checking.

9. Helen

Helen TS Member

The complete results are posted on the above website. Darla and I did not get
    home until Monday afternoon. We did have a couple shooters drop out of the Handicap event, therefore we were 2 shooters shy of 901 in the Championship events.
    Thanks,
    Helen

10. Darla

Darla Member

Andy, I'm still deciding on your punishment. LOL It was good to see you, though, wish you could've stayed. Where was Muff? The complete results are up now. Let us know if there are any typos, etc. I'm driving to Austin in the morning, but taking my system, so I'll be in touch.

I want to thank everyone who came to the shoot. I had a great time (busy) and the shooters as a whole seemed happy. See all you guys at the Lone Star in September.

Darla

11. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Darla and Helen. Most of us don't take the time or the effort to thank you 2 ladies for all you do for us here in Texas. I know I didn't this past weekend. You 2 work your tails off to make the shoot run good. So here is a BIG THANK YOU from Audrey and I. Ya'll be safe.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
amarillo state shoot

texas state shoot results