1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Results From Iowa High School Shoot.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

This shoot was held on April 28th, but I just got the results today. Sorry it took so long.

We had just about 400 shooters there in really nice weather. Maybe a tad windy, but the temps were great.

1st place...222/250----
    Mason City Red.....
    Cole Arndt,
    Zach Davis,
    Greg Shultz,
    Blane Sjostrand,
    John Strait.

2nd place...215/250---
    Muscatine #1,
    Grant Mathis,
    Ryan Jenkins,
    Minh Le,
    Joroan Brauns,
    Bobby Reynolds.

3rd place...210/250
    Waterloo West #1.....

4th place...210/250
    Maquoketa #1

5th place...206/250
    Charles City #1

6th place...204/250

***Boys Individual Scores***

1st place...48/50
    Zach Davis, Mason City

2nd place...48/50
    Cody Koppes, Cascade

3rd place...47/50
    Zach Scheibe, Maquoketa

4th place...47/50
    Cole Arndt, Mason City

5th place...47/50
    Ben Hartogh, Osage

6th place...46/50
    Grant Mathes, Muscatine

***Girls Individual Scores***

1st place...42/50
    Chandal Granquest, Linn-Mar

2nd place...41/50
    Haley McCarthy, Gladbrook-Reinbeck

3rd place...40/50
    Hannah Wilson, Columbus

4th place...40/50
    Johanna Hogenson, South Winneshiek

5th place...39/50
    Samantha Morin, Xavier

6th place...38/50
    Calleen Anderson, Ogden

If I have anyone's name spelled wrong, let me know and I can edit and change it.

If anyone wants to know how any teams shot, I do have the complete list and would be more than happy to let you know.......well, if I can find your team on the list. lol

We had a great shoot, and heard that we threw 30,000 targets for them.

Randall's from Hudson, Ia catered the food, and they really do a great job.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hauxfan!

2. Hauxfan

Up Please!

Hauxfan!

3. jmas

jmas TS Member

Thanx Hauxfan

Jan

4. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Hi Hauxfan

Yes I have a Question not realy a question I all ways wanted to know what was the meaning of Hauxfan? I found out today. Had a phone call from a friend in Iowa who I met a few years ago at a shoot in Las Vegas and invited me to shoot at your state shoot which I did way back in 1999. I was telling him I see this guy post on T/S.com and he deduced who you were from my description as I have seen a picture of you posted on here one time and I new that you shoot in Iowa. So Hi Larry from Australia hope you have a good shooting year.

Kind Regards Stubbie aka John.

5. Hauxfan

Hi, Stubbie, I made up the name Hauxfan when a friend of mine started up a forum for the Iowa Hawkeyes. I wanted something different, so I made the name up.

The Iowa Hawkeyes are sometimes just called the "Hawks" So, I re-confabulated the word Hawks, and came up with Haux. Same pronunciation, just different spelling. And since I was a fan, it became Hauxfan!

Are you coming to our shoot this year at Iowa. We'd love to have you. I'll be there as always.

If so, just look me up as a lot of people know me. (Probably to many) lol lol

We always have at least a couple of shooters from Australia. I think a few years back we had more though, but glad to have any. It can't be cheap coming from that far to shoot.

In fact, we have a really nice couple who come and set up shop and sell their wares to the shooters. I think they travel around to different state shoots during the summer here. Nice people.

Hauxfan!

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Hey Hauxfan, I made it to the state shoot, but didn't get a chance to come meet you. It was a great day to shoot. We also shot at the SCTP State shoot there on Friday, and ended up getting 2nd place in Junior Varsity. Hope to make it up there again to shoot, they throw great targets.

-Jollytrapshooter

7. Hauxfan

Jolly, we try to throw good targets. Sometimes the weather screws them up, but we try to set them good.

Sorry I missed you, and glad that your team did good. I was up there walking around on Friday too. Good to see those kids out shooting. According to the Waterloo Courier this morning, it is really a growing sport for these kids.

I think one of the things it has going for these kids is that anyone can compete. You don't have to be a super stud or a super star, if you can shoot, you'll do okay.

Glad to see the great turnout.

Hauxfan!

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I know that I spend a lot time promoting Nebraska State HS trapshooting. But I got my start shooting trap in small towns in Iowa. For that, I am ever grateful. People from Iowa are great people. Congratulations to our neighbors (and friends and relatives) in Iowa. Bump this baby up to the TOP!

9. jethro

jethro TS Member

Hey Hauxfan could you e-mail me with the total results as I coach the South Winneshiek team and I had a female shooter take third place. Thanks Jeff

10. Hauxfan

Jethro, I have a funeral to go to today, but I'll try to get to it sometime today.

Hauxfan!

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

iowa high school state trap shoot

results iowa high school state trapshooting
state trap shooting results for high school in iowa