1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Results for the Golden State Team Challenge

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We had a great shoot at Redlands yesterday. The weather was perfect in the high 70s and Terry Bilbey throws the best targets around. Gary Bombalicki grilled up some yummy cheese burgers while the teams posted some impressive scores. Special hat tips to our Shoot Director, Ray Brasser and to Bob May for organizing the Referees. Teams shot 100 singles, had lunch and then shot 100 HC. Short Yardage Teams all shot from the 23, Long Yardage from the 27. Now for the results:

Short Yardage 3rd place went to The Tri-County Team: Bill Blankenship; Brian McCormick; Duane Scott; Charles McPhee & Marsh Hauge. 927/1000. Bill posted the only 100 of the day in Singles.

Long Yardage 3rd went to the California Golden Bears: L B Barrett; Raul Hernandez; Chris Champion; John Carmadella & Joe Dillard. 902/1000

Short Yardage 2nd went to the Barstow Gun Club: James Eichler; Stan Hignett; Mark McDowell; Danny Fowler & Richard Chavez. 930/1000.

Long Yardage 2nd went to the either optimistically or aptly named AA Shooters, depending on what the AA stands for: Ray Brasser; Steve Stubblefield; Walt Hastings; Bob May & Bill Stone. 924/1000.

Short Yardage First Place went to the National Clay Sports Foundation team: Gary Bombalicki; Jim Tyner; Phil Powell; Randy Suzuki & John Malcolm. 933/1000.

Long Yardage First Place went the Lake Cahuilla Gun Club: Charles Storm; Bruce Watts; Dennis Steere; Gene Arseneault & Sam Boatman. 941/1000.

Everyone seemed to have a good, enjoyable day with their squad mates and we all made some new friends. Thanks again to all!

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congradulations to all. Thanks for the update.

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

Congratulations on some great shooting!

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Who was the fifth shooter for the first place singles team? And congratulations to all of the teams. Fred

5. Charliebigteeth

Charliebigteeth TS Member

I would like to thank the National Clay Sports Foundation for putting on such a great event. Terry's crew did an excellent job. The Chef and his beautful assistant did an excellent job feeding the hungry shooters. All my practice this week.....making deposits to the bank paid off plus I have a nice first place trophy (due to the members of my team carrying me) sitting on the Mantel. I can't wait for the next event. Thank you.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Thanks Fred. That would be Phil Powell. I edited him in. Thanks for catching that before his sister did.

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Hell hath no fury like a sister scorned... to para phrase the Bard. Hope this was a financial success. I will talk with you guys at Oak Tree next week. Fred

8. BMC

BMC Member

I second John sentiments. This was a great event and was very well ran. Any shoot at Redlands always seems to be great.
    John, I think I have to echo your personal first of the 124/125. Our first trap that is what we had and it was pretty impressive. Good to see my buddy Bill run them all and cast a shadow on the rest of us on the team with 98s...lol.
    Looking forward to the next one for sure.
    Brian.

9. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

How many Teams were in the competition? How many Long versus how many Short yardage Teams? Weather had to be near perfect. What happened to the Team Terry said he put together to whip all?

Augie

10. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Weather we perfect, warm (in the 80's) with a slight brezze. We had 9 squads at our first event, I think that being it's hard to get 5 people together at one time and it was our first event for the National Clay Sports Foundation. But now that we are off and running you can bet their are bigger and better shoots to come. The great thing for us as a foundation is that everyone had a good time, the scores were incredible. the location was 1st.class and everyone stayed till then end.

We hope to take this format to other areas of the country soon.

Gary

11. BMC

BMC Member

Gary, any word on when the pictures will be posted? Thanks.

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Look for these same 'suspects' at the North Hollywood Winter Chain, April 14/15. Fred

13. calilori

calilori TS Member

What a handsome bunch of guys!!!

14. BMC

BMC Member

Have the pics of the other teams been posted and if so where might we find them? Thanks.

15. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

I will have jim post them to the site and let you know when their are up and running.

Gary

16. BMC

BMC Member

Thanks for the info Gary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.