1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Results Chillicothe Spring Fling

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KW post 5, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

First off it was one of the best weather days we ever had,second it was a great crowd,meet a few new shooters and saw alot of old freinds.Hopefully the new shooters had fun and become old freinds.Now the scores Mike Dennis A 16s 196-Betty Havens B 16s 191 Mike Henrikson C 16s 197 Daneil Minor D 16s 196 I Think,also Mike Henrikson broke his 1st 100 straight.No doubles.Handicap 18-21 Daneil Minor 99,22-24 Jasson Hassler 99, 25-27 Larry Murphy 88.I thank everyone for coming and Chuck,Al,Jerry,Dennis,Larry,Tim,Boy scouts great food and last my wife bannana bread,homemade chiken soup.See ya April-15 Kevin Wunder Thanks again shooters

2. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

3. bubba68

bubba68 Member

First thought: Great shooting! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Second thought: This is exactly why I stopped shooting registered targets years ago. As a beginner, I was put in D class and routinely shot between 88 and 90. I would get beat everytime by someone shooting a 94 to 96. Felt like I never had a chance to win. So, I shoot only leagues for fun.

I look at results above and see Mr. Minor recorded a 196 in D class and then followed that up with a 99 in handicap! I assume no one had any record of his previous shoots to reclassify him on known ability.

Not saying anything dishonest was done here. But, this is a big detractor for new/beginner registered shooters.

Sorry, I've seen this thread on here and had to get that off my chest.

4. avodilko

avodilko TS Member

what's your promblem never shot a good score,sounds like you do not try hard enough !!!!,and if you want to make a statement like that put your name up .also no matter how long you shoot trap your scores do go up an down fact.andy

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kevin: Is the Larry Murphy you mention the same "Pork" Murphy from Canton?

6. butcher

butcher Member

No he is not.

7. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

@Bubba68 - I was at the shoot and am a good friend of Dan Minor. He has only been shooting ATA for about a year or so. He was an average shooter last year with a Cynergy. He had a great day and it was the first time he had ever shot his new K-80. Quite an achievement with a gun you just picked up IMHO. I am a new ATA shooter altogether and this was my first shoot. I felt really good about my 184 in D-class singles until I saw the 188 which I think was the winning score.(Dan was in C-class I think Kevin). Anyways just defending Dan, he's not a sandbagger just a good shot with his new gun.

8. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Thanks for posting the results Kevin! We left right after handicap and didn't know how things shook out. You guys do an excellent job running that club! Always a pleasure to shoot there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.