1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Result of PA ATA state delgate election??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Jun 17, 2013.

1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I checked the PSSA website, but found no mention of the result of the election for the state ATA delegate. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.

2. guthooked

guthooked Member

Heard that Frank lost his position in the vote. I didnt see the results posted any where at the shoot. John S.

3. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Glenn Lash is the newly elected delegate.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Why the change?

Curt

5. zinger

zinger Member

Why not?

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

Complete surprise.

7. lc

lc TS Member

Not a surprise, Frank wrote no articles for Trap & Field, and never acknowledged the winners at other shooting venues. Much more interested in his own shooting than the people that elected him to represent them.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I know Frank Pascoe only in passing but never had any bad feelings toward him. That said, I've always preached that communication is the heart of any relationship, be it business, personal or pastime-related. I've always felt that every state's delegate should have a table or something at their state shoot that provides the active shooters that delegate represents with access to him/her.

I've only seen that happen twice. Unless he was shooting, Pat Ireland was always either at a table in the Winchester (VA) Gun Club's main room or working the classification area. Likewise, Tom Ford had his own little area outside the Hartford (CT) Gun Club building where he met with shooters as well as handled pre-squadding. A lot of delegates help out in their classification areas but those who don't know him/her by sight often have no idea that person is their delegate.

Many years ago, I wrote an article on being a delegate. It is a largely thankless job for which the only compensation is a pair of hats every year and an assigned parking spot at the Grand. Actually, being able to afford the job is a huge part of the qualifications for it. But regardless, any job should be done properly and completely and part of any elected position is being accessible by and communicating with your constituents.

While I am an ATA life member, I'm no longer an active ATA shooter so who our delegate is or how well he/she does that job really is not of great concern to me. But I think the active shooters deserve an active voice.

Ed

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

If Frank wasn't shooting he was in classification at Elysburg, and always available and helpful. At the State Shoot this year William Tarby shot his 100,000th singles target, and when Bill's squad finished the round on bank 8, Frank Pascoe was there to congratulate him. I know, because I was on that squad.
    [​IMG]