1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Restroom breaks during a registered shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rtclark21, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

During a registered shoot a few weeks ago, one of the squad-mates needed to take a restroom break before starting the 3rd bank of singles. I didn't think anything of it, but they did it again during handicap (this time the husband went also).

There wasn't any lag time in having to wait for the squad ahead of us to finish, so we ended up delaying things a bit.

This is the 1st time I've ran into this...seems that they should have gone either before or after shooting, not during?

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

When ya gotsta pee, ya gotsta pee!

Guy B.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>> You must be a young man

That's what I was thinking :)

I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in 5 years.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It was a male and female? maybe it wasnt the restroom they were going after-maybe they were going after each other and couldnt wait till the end of the shoot?

5. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

TWO & YSR....you are correct! I would tend to think that at a smaller shoot this would probably be OK...but would be more difficult at a larger one like the Grand? Seems like there is a fine line w/ having to 'go' and disrupting the shoot?

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I had a nice old guy suggest that we install a facility between each trap field. That is one of the not so kind things about the aging process. I would hope that we aren't so caught up in this game that we cannot spare a few minutes for nature breaks. A little understanding and consideration please.

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. I've seen more than one shooter hand his gun over and scoot to toot.

8. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I'm a puker, usually between 50's. Get myself so tied up inside that it's either run for the bathroom or yack on the line, especially during big shoots. People have been great about it and I always try to hurry!

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

With the average age of registered trapshooters being 51, how many are on blood pressure medicine? A would imagine quite a few. The most common are diuretics (water pills). Wayne

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

that one astronaut drove across country with a diaper to get the 3rd member of her love triangle........that's dedication!! lol

tony

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Now thats funny Kenent. Maybe we should sell Depends along with shot-shells at the concession stand? Wayne

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Look up BPH. Then you will understand re. men. For women, I suppose, the problem, if woman not pregnant, is gravity.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Mr.Clark, you said; "Seems like there is a fine line w/ having to 'go' and disrupting the shoot?"

Young man, you have no idea of what kinds of disruptions a shoot might entail if your "fine line" was used!! :) Young KID neys! Hap

14. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

Years ago, I knew a Remington rep who had never shot registered targets. His boss had him sign up for a trapshoot, and after the first 25 targets, he did like he always had been doing in practice, headed for the clubhouse to have a soda, and take a little break. He said luckily his squad mates just laughed after they tracked him down.

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Just wait, it will be your turn soon enough. DAMN I got to pee again. I'll be back in a min.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I'm a skeet shooter so I have no trouble going behind the house. I guess it's a bit more of a problem for trapshooters, especially females.

17. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Pilot's relief tube down the leg; step off into the grass and do what you gotta do, available in mods for both genders because both genders are pilots.

MK

18. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

This is between rounds, I don't see a problem.

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Real men just tie it in a knot before shoots.

20. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I don't mind waiting in a emergency but then the nervous pee before going out helps a lot. My usual squads average age is 70 + but we seldom stop between traps. Post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.